Chapter 6

I was in pain. Every single part of my body was exhausted. I felt peace but also it seemed weird, I don't want to open my eyes because I'm scared that this nice feeling of safely will go away. I felt pressure on my right hand. My eyes fluttered open, I wasn't in the basement anymore but I wasn't at my house either. So where was I?

When I looked to my right I saw a mop of brown hair by my side. I quickly figured that it was Jason and smiled to myself. I lightly slid my hand out of his and started to shake him awake.

"Jason." I said still shaking him; he slightly shifted but didn't wake up. So I shook him harder. And he murmured

"Mmhh?" he asked in a sleepy voice

"Wake up." I said softly and quietly. Then he looked up and I could tell he hasn't slept in days. When he realised that it was me he half shouted "Oh my God your awake, you were out for a week Ivy, you had me and everyone else worried sick."

"Sorry, I guess but was I really out for a whole week?" I asked and he nodded I sank back into the mattress .then asked "what happened and where is my father?"

"Well I knocked him out cold then got you out of there. I phoned the police but they say that when they got there, there wasn't any one in the building. We didn't take you to the hospital because I keep my promises however a doctor has seen you." He says ever so softly

Then he added, "I will just quickly go and tell everyone that you are awake and then I'll come back, I'll also bring you a drink and some food." He paused then continued, " Ivy I know you might not be ready but I think that it would be good if you told us what happened to you, you can trust us remember that." She then nodded hesitantly and he was out the door so she just lay there. When she was about to turn on her side pain shot through her. Then the memories from last week flooded my mind. I was crying by the end.

Then the door opened and Jason came through the door, followed by his sisters and then I guess his mum.

"I would advise you to sit if you want me to t-t-tell you." I stuttered at the end because of the nerves that filled my voice. I was shaking with fear. What if I can't trust these people?

 "Well it started on my 7th birthday after my mum died, it was fine for a week or so, but when the funeral came around my father changed, everything changed. After the funeral my father shouted at me then left, he didn't come back for ages but when he did he was weird when I asked he slapped me then it was like that every day. As I grew I happened more frequently plus it was worse.....

At the end of my story the twins were shocked and gave me sympathetic looks but Jason just stared at me anger filling his expression.

"Could you leave me and Ivy alone please?" He asked softly but I could still see and feel the anger around him. They then left us alone but before they did they gave me a reassuring look.

"Ivy why wouldn't you tell me? I could have helped." He asked then anger filled my body.

"No you couldn't because where ever I go he will still find me. Any way you made a mistake bringing me with you because now you are dragged into it and that hurt me the most. Some battle I have to do on my own, independently." I shouted at him, he looked taken back a bit. Then I added "and for the not telling part; I wasn't sure if I could trust anyone, I still don't, because come on I hardly know you.

"Fine you don't know me or I don't know you but I want to so why won't you spend a day with me?" he asked then I did something I didn't think I would I nodded. What was I doing?

He took my hand still being careful because of my injuries. He took me out to his mother's garden and we sat on the bench. I looked around the garden was well breath taking. It was similar to the one at school. Then Jason asked "what is your favourite colour?

"Well, I don't really have a favourite colour because I guess I'm an artist and all the colours are so pretty; it's too hard to choose one colour." I reply softly then add, "What about you?"

"Okay, mine is black because that is how I always would see my life." He replied, I was confused but didn't ask him to elaborate.

"How come you were adopted?" I asked awkwardly, and then I saw him tense and quickly said, "Sorry, forget I asked, I can tell it is a sensitive topic for you." I stood up and was about to leave but then he said,

" when I was younger my dad and mum died in a car crash I had to go to foster care and it happened to be an abusive one which made me run away but then a man took me back to a different foster home and that is when the Daley's adopted me and treated me like their child. That is why I reacted the way I did when I heard what you went through." I then did something that even surprised me I turned around and kissed him, it was brief and quick, but after he was over the shock he kissed me back ever so softly.I think that I'm falling for him. Every time I touch him I feel sparks between us. I always feel safe when I'm with him like nothing can harm me. Obviously I liked him and was scared that something might happen to him if he stays but the selfish part of me doesn't want to let him go.

The rest of the night we have spent laughing and just being together somewhere in the middle of the night we went to watch a movie and about half way into the movie I dozed off.But right before I fell asleep i heard him say, "I love you Ivy." I can't believe it there is someone who finally cares for me. But then again I might have been hallucinating or imaging it.