chapter 1

Sophie's POV

I ran across the road and into the coffee shop. It was a small shop with red walls and red and white linen table covers. It was very cosy and somewhere I loved to be. The walls had amazing quotes from writers I loved. The best one was up near the wooden bookcase that was filled with books from different authors. It hung on the wall with the quote "Drink coffe, relax and read a book" I smiled as I looked around and felt at home.

I walked up to the counter and saw my best friend Mila flicking though a magazine. I smiled and shook my head. "Some things will never change hey?" Mila looked up and ran round the counter and flung herself on me like her life depended it on it! " Sophie! When the heck did you get back and why the hell did you not tell me?" I chuckled "Mila I got back yesterday and came to see you this morning! Can I get a cappuccino please?"

Mila smirked and giggled. Uh oh she only does that when she has her eyes set on a guy who is going to be her next victim of one night stands. "Sure, Soph but in exhange we are going out tonight. No excuses! You need to fill me in on everything okay?" I sighed. There was no arguing with this girl. I have known her for so long and arguing would just make her more stubborn. "Okay" I smiled and shook my head.

Mila is my best friend from kindergarden and has always been there for me. She is 5 foot 3 and is a total beauty. She has soft brown hair, grey eyes and a slim figure to go with it. Unlike me, I am 5 foot 2 dark long hair and all the curves you can fit in a size 10.

Mila handed me the cappuccino along with my favourite choc chip muffin "to keep you going" and wiggled her eyebrows. I laughed as I turned around and bumped into something really hard. I looked straight into a toned chest that was now covered with coffee."What the f? You dropped coffee all over me and you knew I was behind you!" He yelled and controlled himself from swearing.
I looked up into a big pair of dark black eyes that were glaring at me. He had a gorgeous face with smooth lips and a frown on his forehead. I kept staring thinking how can a man be so beautiful. No actually, how can anyone be so gorgeous. He was wearing a black suit with a white shirt now covered in my cappuccino. Mila must have been looking at him. Duh! The coffee had stained his shirt and made his toned chest more visible. I wanted to touch his chest and feel his skin. What! Woah I thought. I shook my head and realised the man was glaring at me.

"Helloo! Are you just going to stare at me!" He yelled, he looked annoyed and really cute with a frown. I stiffled a giggled and looked up at him again "I'm sorry I didnt realise you were behind me, if you want I can buy you a new shirt?" He looked into my eyes and came closer as I stepped back and pressed my back into the counter behind me. I gasped as he was so close that I could smell his cologne as he came closer and whispered in my ear " I don't want your money I want you to clean my shirt now!" I could feel his breathe tingle on my cheek and felt them heating up. I couldn't keep my eyes away from his arms. Damn! They looked toned. The thought made me flush and I looked into his eyes again.

"No" I said with all the courage I had. "I have an interview take the money or wash it yourself". Hearing someone cough behind us he moved his body off me. I took a big gulp of air and looked behind. "Hi shane, would you like your regular?" Mila asked with a small smile. Urgh, his name was good too! She looked at me and lifted an eyebrow. I looked at her and glared.

He glared at me and then looked at Mila. He gave her a dazzling smile that showed his perfect white teeth "Yes please, right after I have this lady washes my shirt" he said and glared at me again.

"Hell no! If you dont want me to give you money you can clean your own shirt. It is your fault for standing too close" I replied and rushed out of Mila's cafe'.

I rushed onto to the busy streets of London and realised why I fell in love with the city due to its hustle and bustle. It gave me a vibe. I catched a taxi to my interview with the new and upcoming programming company on the market based at Waterloo. I rushed through the doors and greeted the receptionist with 5 minutes to spare, realising that changing my shoes to the sexy red killer stilletoes on the way could have made me late. Oh well, atleast I looked good.

I took a seat and flicked through the magazine with my thoughts going back to the events from the morning in the cafe'. Hmm Shane ... oh why did I think of that arrogant man. I couldn't belive he expected me to wash his shirt and get late even though I offered to pay for a new one. MEN! Pfft.

"Miss Flare, you can go through, Mr Allister will see you now", the receptionist said. I looked at her and smiled. I took a big breather, straightened my skirt with my palms and stood up. I could feel my palms getting moist as I got nervous and followed the friendly receptionist. She seemed really nice but looked very prim and proper with a grey skirt and matching blazer.

I walked to the big silver double doors. They were full length and very shiny. No marks and showed perfection. I pushed open the door and tripped on my way in. "Crap" I yelped and realised I was caught by two very strong hands. I gulped as I smelt the familiar cologne. I looked up and looked into the dark eyes and gulped.

"You" he said as he held onto to me and helped me stand straight. He didnt let his hold go but tightened his grip on my waist.

"Shane" I couldn't beleive my luck. This just wasn't going to be my day.