chapter seven

Shane's POV

I heard the door open and looked up to see Sophie frozen near the door. I licked my lips and sighed. Shit this wasn't the plan. "Sophie." I didn't want her to see this. She looked at me straight in the eye and turned  around and walked out. I pulled my shirt on and put on my jacket as I adjusted my tie.

"Where you going? I am not finished yet!" Riley said as she leaned up on both elbows. "Tough luck babe. Im finished. You can see yourself out" I threw the dress to her body and dismissed her. She pouted and huffed. "Your a bastard! You want everything your way! I have had enough of you. You can take this as the end of us!" She yelled as she walked to the sofa and wore her shoes. I grimaced they were high, I remembered Sophie's shoes that caused her the twisted ankle. I saw a shoe coming my way as I ducked "what the f!" I hated swearing but this was insane. Riley stomped across the room and picked up her shoe "This is because of that slut who walked in! But I can do better than you. You will come back crawling to me!" She said as she flipped her hair sideways and glided out of my office.

I took in a some air and put my hands inbetween my hands. "SOPHIE! IN HERE NOW" I yelled. I didn't need her as she was on top of her work but I needed to see her. I needed to see if she was okay after what she saw. She seemed pale, shocked and very pissed off.

Sophie's POV

Oh fudge sake! I sighed as I threw my hands in the air. I took the file needing signatures and swirled my chair and got up as I bumped straight into something. "Aah" I said while rubbing my nose. I looked up into Shane's eyes and puffed out the breathe I was holding. "Why did you come out when you practically yelled for me to come to the office?" Why did he keep creeping up on me like that.

"You were taking forever and we need to head for lunch. Grab your bag" I placed the file on my desk "I have had lunch thank you very much. Sign these papers. I need to send off this report for the computing deal today." I sat down on my office chair and swivelled from right to left. I bumped my leg into his leg and heard him breathe out loudly. "Sorry" I mumbled. I kept my foot on his leg and felt his muscles tightened. I wanted to pull my leg away but instead I raised my right foot higher and kept my gaze on the floor. I heard him curse "fuck Sophie." He grabbed the sides of my chair and turned it to face him. "Should you be doing that whilst you have a boyfriend?" He asked as he leaned closer. I cleared my throat "I don't have a boyfriend, not that it's any of your business, if i did" I said as I raised my foot a notch higher. His eyes went hazel with a dark ring around his pupil. "It is, when you kiss me like you did morning and when you bite your lip when I touch you" I was having an effect on him and I liked it. I bit my lip and felt my stomach flutter.I had never seen Drake respond like this when I touched him. I shook my head coming to my senses as i thought of Drake. "Well it shouldn't bother you. You seem to have a good share of woman on your desk. If i were you I would disinfect it. You don't know what has been on it." I said with a smirk. I felt him shift as he stood up. "We are going for lunch now. No arguments. Don't send the report till I confirm with you." He grabbed my hand and walked to the lift. "But the deadline is tomorrow midnight " I was confused if I didnt send the report off we could lose a healthy deal. "I am the CEO and I said wait for my confirmation Miss Flare. It's not that hard to understand." He growled in the lift. I kept my mouth shut and nodded. I followed him to his car and he drove to downtown. We walked to a restaurant named Mark's. I grimaced, I came here last week and the food was delicious but overly priced. Looks like I was going to be broke. I hated others paying for me I was an independent woman and liked to take care of my own needs.

Shane's POV

I put my foot down and parked my car in the V.I.P slot. I held onto Sophie's hand walked into Mark's. "Table under Shane Allister" I said to the waiter who walked our way. "May I take your coats?" I looked at Sophie who clutched onto her blazer looking unsure. "No we are fine" I said as I took hold of Sophie's elbow and led her towards a private booth. "So now that I have you alone my dear Sophie. I think we need some time to talk about the past couple of days. I said as I reached for her trembling hands. I took her hands and kissed the back of her hand. I let my lips linger and saw a red blush come across her cheek. She didn't need makeup as she was beautiful and perfect the way she was.

"Talk about what?" She asked and she bit her lip and then swiped her tounge over her bottom lip. I felt my groin harden and I reached over and tipped her chin up and nipped her lip. "Don't bite your lip" I said as I nibbled her lip and heard her suck her breath. "What? Why?" She asked breathlessly. "You bite your lip when your nervous. I don't want you to bite it because thats my job" I replied against her lips. I wrapped my arms around her waist and felt her shudder. I smiled as I kissed her lips and slid my tounge agaist them waiting for access to her mouth as she slowly parted her lips and I slid my tounge and gently caressed her. She sucked my lip and bite my lip then swiped her tounge over it to caress the spot she bit. I groaned and pulled her onto my lap and heard a rip. I let out a small laugh as I let my hands explore her amazing body. She had curves in all the right places, it made me want to take her right here. I controlled my urges and squeezed her nipple through her clothes. Sophie arched her head back and let a moan escaped I groaned and lifted my shirt she was wearing. I pinched her left nipple and sucked the right hardened nipple ever so slowly. I felt her slowly grinding against my groin and her hands went into my hair as she held onto me tightly. "Tell me Sophie who was kissing you yesterday?" I asked as I slowly kissed her neck. She whimpered and pulled away slowly "Drake, he was my ex" I felt a surge of relief and my shoulders felt like a weight was taken off them. I raised the shirt and stroked her thighs. She gasped and tightened and pushed a bit back. I felt so confused she seemed to want it but looked scared. I held onto her and leaned my forehead on hers. "You okay? You've gone all pale" she looked down and breathed "sorry,I just can't" she said with a sad smile and a tear fell down her cheek. I felt like an idiot I didnt want to do anything she wasn't ready for. I moved her next to me and wrapped my hands around her as I brushed the tear of her cheek. "Hey it's okay, our foods coming anyway, I pre-ordered" I kissed the side of her forehead and didnt press the matter. I was going to find out what had her so upset as soon as she mentioned the slime Drake.

Sophie's POV

I couldn't do it even though my body was aching for him. It was just too much. I was on the brink of tears. I shuffled into Shane's arms and rested my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes and whispered "Can we leave please?" I held his hand and opened my eyes to see his eyes searching mine. "Yeah sure, give me a minute" he walked to the main recpetion and had a quick talk with the manager. I closed my eyes, and concentrated on my breathing. "Come on, lets go" he lifted me up and held me close to his chest. We walked to his car and I closed my eyes feeling like an idiot.

I felt being lifted but I just kept my eyes closed and sighed in relief. I rolled over and felt a bed and someone near me. I rolled over and saw Shane wearing his black Armani glasses whilst typing away furiously at his laptop. This man never stopped working. I groaned and held my head. I felt so tired. "Hey. Where am I?" I asked as I looked at him. His sleeves were rolled up and his biceps were on show again.

He turned to me and gave me a genuine smile "hey beautiful. We are at my apartment. You fell asleep in the car so I thought you could rest here while i worked. You okay?" He said as he took off his glasses and stroked my cheek. "Yeah, listen im sorry for before. I normally can control my emotions" I said in embarrassment. I didnt want him to think I was weak.

"Sophie, you can tell me anything. I may be arrogant and expect things done in a particular way but that doesn't mean that i am a bastard. I do care." He said as he pulled me closer in his arms. He put the laptop aside and stroked my hair. I took a deep breathe and thought I have to get it out to move on. I breathed in and prayed and sat up and held onto Shane's hands as I replayed the events of my life when with Drake. "He raped me.  Even when I asked him to stop. He made me feel like he loved me and made me think that the way we had sex was fine. The pain was there every time." I felt Shane tense. "I was lucky to have Oris,Jake and Mila to help me through it. I wouldn't have coped, I hate him for doing that to me. I wanted my first time to be with someone special. It had to feel right like the way I feel around you. But i just can't. I feel like it will be the same and I can't go through that anymore" I looked up at Shane and saw his eyes were hazel. He was clutching the side of the bed in anger. He loiked at me and held my face with both his hands "He is a total bastard to treat you like that. You deserve better and you need a man who can love you and chrish you Mi Amor." He bent head and brushed his lips on mine and slowly took the pain away.

I wanted to believe him but I kept getting flashbacks of walking into his office and finding him inbetween a woman's legs. I pulled away and cuddled closer while I closed my eyes and ignored the thoughts for a while. I just needed someone to be there for me and I enjoyed being in Shane's arms. I felt safe.