chapter 13

Shane's POV

Tears ran down her face as she looked at me. I was so scared, maybe I rushed it. Maybe I should have waited. But every minute was precious and I wanted her to be mine forever.

"Sophie, this is the point you answer. Don't keep a man hanging like this. Your killing me baby" I said and squeezed her hand.

Her hand flund to her mouth and she whispered "Oh my god Shane. Yes... yes I will marry you. I thought I was dreaming. Sorry" she flung herself at me and kissed me as I toppled over and rolled onto her back. I breathed a sigh in relief and kissed her forehead. This felt surreal.

Sophie giggled as her hair rushed against her cheek. She looked beautiful as she blowed the hair away from her face. My heart skipped a beat as I realised how lucky I was to have her in my life.

One year later

It was snowing and the decorations were up. Lights had covered the gardens and trees. It looked breathtaking. The snow had settled and the isle was covered. People were starting to gather on the sides and many had worry in their eyes. Where was the groom? What was taking so long? Was it going ahead?

Sophie's POV

Where was he? What had happened? I couldn't walk down the aisle if he wasnt there. I felt worried and tense but I trusted him. He wouldn't leave.  He can't do this. I paced the room and waited for Mila to come back with news.  A soft knock on the door and I pulled open the door. "Shane" I whispered. He came forward and kissed me on the lips. "Wha..what?" I looked at Shane and felt a headache coming. He was leaving me. I could feel it.

"Baby, I am so sorry" Shane whispered. "I can't tell you this in any way that will hurt you less" he said as he put his forehead on  mine. "Shane, what the heck me are you saying? You shouldn't be seeing me before the wedding. You should be waiting for me at the end of the aisle. You best make this quick before I kick your ass" I growled. I pulled back and stared into his eyes.

Shane took a deep breathe and put a hand through his hair. "Oris lost the ring and now I dont have a ring for you and your going to hate me" he babbled. I burst out laughing in relief. "Oh baby, thats fine I am marrying you because I love you not because of a damn ring. You idiot. Get your butt down that aisle before I kill you" I said as I jammed my finger on his chest.

Shane's POV

I stood at the front of the aisle and breathed in. This was it. She was going to be mine. I was going to marry her and was going to make sure I made her damn happy. Oris patted my shoulder and winked. I took a big gulp of air as I saw Sophie walking down the ailse with her dad by her side. She looked gorgeous. Her wavy hair falling on her shoulders and the veil fell behind her to the ground. I forgot to breathe as she walked towards me. I held out my hand as her dad handed me her hand in marriage. like literally.

"You look beautiful, baby" I whispered into her ear. She blushed and her cheeks went crimson. She winked and replied "You don't look too bad."

"I promise to keep you safe. To be there for you and go out at weird times of the night to get you ice cream. I will be your rock and your pillow at night. I want to be able to give you the comfort you need and promise to let you have your way with me. The little minx you are. I love Sophie Flare. I promise to be by your side through thick and thin. I promise to catch you when you fall." I said my vows and saw her chuckle.

"I promise to be the one to bring your big arrogant head back to earth. To keep you on your toes and kiss you everyday. I promise to love you with all my heart. I promise I will fall everyday just so

you can catch me. I promise to be there for you through good and bad. I will be the one to meet your every want and need. I love you" Sophie said as she winked. The minister looked at us and smiled "You are now man and wife.You may kiss the bride." I lent forwards and pulled Sophie into my embrace and kissed her with all my love. I was so fucking lucky.

We made our way to the dance floor and Sophie held my hand. I smiled atvher as she spoke to the guests on the way. I stood in front of her and held out my hand. Sophie took my hand but tripped on her dress and came crashing forwards. I grabbed her in both my hands and cocked up an eyebrow "You just can't stop falling for me?" I teased. She let out a nervous laugh "Just testing to see if you will catch me. My Prince charming." I chuckled and kissed her on her lips and pulled her into my chest. "I love you" I numbered into her neck. "So you should" she replied and kissed my cheek with her eyes closed.