Chapter 13

A folder containing her research on Equine Assisted Therapies was slipped into her handbag

A folder containing her research on Equine Assisted Therapies was slipped into her handbag. Jennie headed to the parking lot before speeding towards Kim Taehyung's company in the middle of Seoul. The traffic on the highway was quite smooth but became very congested in the city center. Jennie was jammed in the traffic for half an hour and arrived in front of The Kims when the clock had already struck 7 o'clock.

Jennie went to the counter, introducing herself to the receptionist. She handed her identity card to the receptionist before she was given a visitor's pass to the 38th floor where Taehyung's office was located. She hurried to the elevator, colliding with some employees who were about to go home.

Reaching the 38th floor, Jennie met another entrance. The security pass was scanned before the door was opened to a girl who greeted her warmly. The girl called Taehyung's secretary before asking her to enter Taehyung's room. The floor only houses Taehyung's office, three meeting rooms, a restroom, a pantry and a utility room.

"Miss Kim Jennie?" Her arrival was welcomed by Lia, Taehyung's secretary. Jennie inclined her head without noticing that jealousy crept up on her seeing Lia who looked elegant and beautiful.

"Welcome to our company. Mr. Kim is waiting for you inside."

Jennie knocked on Taehyung's door before opening it without waiting for his response. The office is very spacious and is surrounded with floor-to-ceiling glass windows. Bookshelves filled the left side of the wall and the discussion table is situated at the corner of the office.

Taehyung was still reading some documents on his desk. He lifted his face, seriousness plastered all over his face. He motioned Jennie to take a seat in front of him and Jennie did so. Before Jennie was able to start talking, Taehyung raised his hand, mentally telling her to wait for him to complete his task first. He lifted the handset of the telephone and held it to his ear.

"Hello Lia, you can go home now." Silence. "Okay, thanks Lia." Taehyung put back the handset on its place and he cleared his throat, catching Jennie's attention back on him.

"Thank you Mr. Kim for giving me this opportunity." Jennie stopped for a moment, glancing at Taehyung as if asking for his permission to continue with the briefing. Taehyung nodded and she continued. "For your information, the project I am currently working on involves disabled children around Seoul who are registered under the Training Center for Handicapped Children in Itaewon. In total, there are 30 disabled children for the training programme."

"How long have you been in charge of this programme?" Taehyung asked, making an eye contact for a millisecond with Jennie before they looked away at the same time. Jennie's chest throbbed as their gazes met, awkwardness filling the ambience of the office that was previously relaxed and cosy.

"Since the last two months." Jennie replied, her voice was muffled. Her eyes were fixed on the laptop screen, looking at the proposal slides she was presenting to Taehyung. Two months ago, two weeks after Kim Taehyung defiled her. Jennie, who lost the source of strength began to regain that strength by doing charitable work because seeing children with disabilities reminded her of the meaning of gratitude.