Chapter 18

"Jennie! Jennie!" Taehyung enfolded her cold body in his arms, crying out to her several times with profound regret

"Jennie! Jennie!" Taehyung enfolded her cold body in his arms, crying out to her several times with profound regret. He shook her body lightly but she didn't even move an inch.

Taehyung stroked her hair, pushing back some locks that tumbled about her forehead. After having her lying down on the bed, he rushed to reach for the white towel hung next to the bathroom door, dampening it and dashed back to the bed. Hands trembling, he gently dabbed her bloodstained face with the towel.

"Jennie, I'm really sorry. Please wake up." Taehyung kissed her forehead delicately and he glanced at the small cut on her lips with a guilty look on his face, thanks to his slap. Taking out his phone, he gave Mina, his family's personal doctor in Seoul a ring and thankfully, it didn't take long for her to answer.

"Mina, there's an emergency. Are you at home?"

"Yes, Mr. Kim."

"Good. Haruto will fetch you very soon. Please get ready, I'm in an apartment around Han River. My girlfriend knocked her head and the bleeding is pretty bad. Anything I should do to stem the bleeding?"

"Is she badly injured, Mr. Kim? Any deep cuts?"

"No, I don't think so. I think it's a minor wound but the blood is still there."

"Have you tried to stop the bleeding with a clean cloth?"

"Yes, I'm doing it now."

"Apply steady pressure for a full 15 minutes. If blood soaks through, add another cloth on top of it. The wound is bad if it's still bleeding after that. Otherwise, she will be okay."

"Thanks Mina, but please come and check on her."

"Yes Mr. Kim, of course."

The line was turned off before he texted Haruto to go and get Mina at her house. Taehyung moved the towel away from her scalp after a while, peeking to see if bleeding has staunched. A smile of joy and satisfaction lit up his eager face when he saw her head has stopped bleeding.

"Jennie, please be safe. Please." Taehyung began to whimper, no longer able to deny what he knew deep down; he'd never forgive himself if anything happens to Jennie.

"Jennie, wake up. I'm terribly sorry for hurting you. Trust me, l-I didn't do it on purpose. I love you." Taehyung took a firm hold of her hand and kissed the back of it. Tears were seeping down his cheeks and the sobs wracked his body, sincerity evident in his hoarse voice.

The ring of the doorbell startled Taehyung, he wiped off the tears on his cheeks and got up to open the door. The personal doctor he had contacted earlier appeared in front of the apartment along with Haruto. Taehyung quickly assisted Mina, taking her to Jennie's bedroom while Haruto was told to wait for them in the living room.

"Thanks for coming, Mina. I've cleaned the wound on her scalp, but I used water since I couldn't find any suitable ointments." Taehyung brought Mina to Jennie who was insensibly lying on the bed, weak and lethargic.