Chapter 17

Rummaging through her bag to find the keycard with her left hand, Jennie gripped a cup of caramel latte firmly with her right hand and her feet slipped out of the shoes before pushing them nearby the shoe rack

Jennie took out the keycard and merely brought it into close proximity to the reader device. There was a beep, denoting that the door was unlocked and Jennie immediately walked in, swung the door open.

It's getting late and Jennie just wanted to catch some Zs as she was having a rough day, dealing with several irksome problems. With Taehyung horning in on her lunch date, Jisoo who kept flooding her with five questions per minute during their lunch about her relationship status and Jaehyun who made such a fuss over their cancelled date and wheedled her into going for a coffee after the office hours until she willingly said yes to him.

Before Jennie could shut the door, she stumbled backwards by a force which violently propelled the door from outside. Taehyung came in with an unreadable expression on his face, causing Jennie to let out a shriek of outrage as she felt her privacy was being invaded.

"Get out of my house, Kim!"

Taking no notice of her reaction, Taehyung locked the door and without hesitation, aggressively seized her arm that Jennie was sure it would leave a red mark later before he dragged her inside bodily. 

Jennie would've screamed and sought for help at the moment but the apartment she and Rosie lived in is surrounded with high-quality soundproof walls. Plus, most of their neighbors are corporate fat cats who prefer to mind their own business rather than meddling into other people's private affairs or sometimes worse, refuse to lend their neighbors a helping hand even if they are in desperate need of help.

Speaking of Rosie, Jennie mentally cussed when she remembered that Rosie texted her earlier, informing her that she would spend the night at Jimin's, helping him out to give his house a good clean-up since his mom would be coming over from Canada tomorrow after months working overseas.

"Why are you here?" Jennie asked him in an undertone as soon as he let go of her arm, still confused and uneasy with his sudden appearance. Her face softened and her lips turned up in a half smile, trying to put out the raging fire within him. Maybe he just needs someone to talk to?

But the smile on her face didn't last long as Taehyung approached her step by step with a nonchalant countenance. Jennie was daunted, taking a step back every time he came forward, keeping a safe distance between them but he seemed to love the fact that she was genuinely scared of him.

"Kim Taehyung, what's wrong with you?!" When he didn't show any signs of staying put anytime soon, Jennie eventually screamed at the top of her lungs. Taehyung gave her a cynical laugh and halted just a few steps away from Jennie, whose back already came into contact with the wall behind her.

"Did you have fun with Jaehyun?"

Hearing his question, Jennie shot up her eyebrow in disbelief. Taehyung has probably gone insane, he went to her house, scaring the shit out of her just to get details about her having coffee with Jaehyun?