Chapter 3

Jennie parked her car in the basement parking and went out to the nearest lift

Jennie parked her car in the basement parking and went out to the nearest lift. It was quarter past eight and she had another 15 minutes before office hours. Her stomach was growling, indicating that she needed something to satisfy her hunger or else she would black out by lunchtime.

Usually, she would cook for breakfast at home before going to office but since Chaeyoung had to set off at daybreak to meet a new client in Wonju, she decided to just stop by the cafeteria and grab some light meals.

There were a lot of people at the cafeteria. Most of them are superior officers from other departments but all of them are affable and that's why Jennie loves working there. But today was a little bit different, people were giving her a strange look and looked her up and down when she was queuing up to buy her breakfast.

Jennie decided to ignore them but when she was walking to her office on the seventh floor, people were once again looking at her. She was worried if she improperly attired that day. She checked herself out to see if she was wearing something inappropriate but there's nothing wrong with her attire.

Jennie continued walking and ignored all of them until she reached her office. She thought that things were going to be normal at her office but to her surprise, her colleagues crowded around the reception desk. They seemed to be gossipping about something serious. A curious sensation overwhelmed her so she walked towards the desk, wondering what they were tittle-tattling about.

"Good morning! Is everything good?" Jennie greeted them and smiled broadly, not knowing that bad things were going to happen. Sohyun, Jieun, Yejin and Junkyu who were looking attentively at something on the desk raised their heads in shock.

"Miss K-Kim." Sohyun was trying to greet her back but she stuttered while Junkyu gave her a enigmatic look before all of them left without saying anything, leaving Jennie alone with a puzzled look on her face.

"What the hell is going on with everyone?" Jennie muttered inaudibly. She then looked at the thing that they were looking at and it was a newspaper.

"Holy shit." Jennie swore as she saw her face made front-page news, wearing a baby blue maternity dress at Irene's wedding. The news was headlined—

𝐀 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐃𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐊𝐈𝐌 𝐓𝐀𝐄𝐇𝐘𝐔𝐍𝐆’𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

Jennie really wanted to kill herself after reading the news. First, she didn't think of the possibilities that there would be paparazzi or reporters at Irene and Taehyung's wedding. Second, she never thought that their wedding was an important matter to the society until it could be splashed across the front page.

She acknowledged that Taehyung is a distant cousin of Irene but she didn't know that Taehyung's father is the second richest man in Seoul—based on the news—which means his one and only son, Taehyung is considered as one of the Seoul's most eligible bachelors. He always makes the headlines with controversial news, mostly about him being a playboy and ladies' man. One word, ew.