✿23

"Yeonjun, please wake up!" He felt a tap on his cheeks.

Beomgyu is also shaking his shoulders to wake him up from the nightmare. Yeonjun's eyes flew open as his tears flow out of his eyes.

Even if Yeonjun seems breathless, he scanned Beomgyu's body to check if he has any injuries. "Thank God you're safe." Yeonjun then uses his right hand to cover his crying eyes.

"Yes, we are all safe. It's a nightmare that will never come true." Beomgyu decided not to ask. The nightmare must be so terrible that made Yeonjun almost broke down in fear and sadness.

Beomgyu engulfed him into a warm embrace, caressing Yeonjun's hair. He waited until Yeonjun calms down. Yeonjun breathed slowly, trying to convince himself that it will never happen.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" Yeonjun cried. He can't imagine what he will do if ever the day of Beomgyu's death happens.

"It's not your fault, and it will never be your fault." Beomgyu repeatedly whispered next to Yeonjun's ears.

"I feel that grim reapers that are having nightmare mean trouble." Beomgyu thought, feeling worried and afraid for Yeonjun. In Yeonjun's case, he is against a deity for doing what he wanted, which breaks one of the rules.

Beomgyu sets aside his fear because Yeonjun needs him.

"I feel tired," Yeonjun weakly said.

"Do you want to sleep again? I will be here when you wake up, I promise." Beomgyu laid him down gently, and he could see that Yeonjun looks drained.

"Thank you." Sleepiness has taken him over immediately. Yeonjun fell asleep, and Beomgyu covered him with a blanket. He waited until he made sure that Yeonjun is in a deep sleep. Just like what he did last night, Beomgyu used a damp towel to wipe the tear traces on Yeonjun's face.

"We are in this together, and I will never give up on you. You've been through a lot, and I'm willing to sacrifice everything. I don't want you to become broken again." Beomgyu said, kissing Yeonjun's forehead before leaving the room.

He checked his room to see if Taehyun is already awake. He opened the door, and he saw Taehyun clutching his head. Beomgyu lends the hangover drink that he bought last night.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what comes in my fucking mind to go to your house while I'm a drunk mess," Taehyun said, looking apologetic.

"Yeah, don't drink like that next time. Be careful in your actions." Beomgyu's serious response made Taehyun feel guilty.

It took Taehyun a while to remember everything that he did last night. He sips on the hangover drink. "I'm sorry for going overboard." Sadness is visible in Taehyun's voice.