Chapter 7

Hey guys (*peeks from a corner*)

Here I am again, please don't be mad about the late update :(

But on the other side of the coin,

Happy Weekend and Happy New Month in Advance!!! Who's excited for May?

Thanks for the votes and comments, I really appreciate them :)

Lots of love ❤

-----------------------------

"Does anyone know what happened to Esteban?", Ryan asked the table as we sat for lunch in the cafeteria.

Oddly, I decided to stick around for a while since KC mentioned that she had a reason.

"Just rumours", Scott perked his head.

"What do they say?"

"Some say he ate a poisoned food and is now in the hospital"

"Dumb ass", he chuckled.

"I think he went on a vacation for, you know, maybe his leave", Harper suggested.

"Girl, teachers don't go on leaves. I heard he was in a fatal accident, that's why he's in the hospital", KC said, chewing on a berry.

"Is he really in an hospital?", I asked.

"That's what I heard", Scott mumbled from the bottle of water he had to his mouth, "At least he's gone for now"

"Totally worthwhile", Ryan added.

"Why you guys so mean? You should be worried about the grouch", KC teased the guys as they hi-fived.

My mind still wasn't settled though.

"Isn't there anyone else getting weird vibes from the new teacher?"

"Nah!", KC replied.

"Apart from the fact that he's stupidly hot", Harper exclaimed.

"I know right, I couldn't take my eyes off him throughout the class, not like I needed to", KC remarked, lips pulling into a sly smile.

"How can you be interested in that old dude when I'm right here for you?", Scott taunted.

"Oh please, he's way more good looking and did you see the way his defined muscles look sharp in that top and don't get me started on those charming eyes", Harper fired back dreamily and they continued like that while I just watched on in amusement.

My phone buzzed from inside my bag and excusing myself, I walked out of the lunchroom to pick up the call.

"Hello!", a disembodied voice calmly spoke from the other end.

"Hey Mom, what's up?"

"Hey Sweetie, how's school going?"

I looked back into the cafeteria, to my recent companions laughing hysterically about something and I sighed.

"Good enough. Why did you call?"

"Why? Must there be a reason for me calling to check up on my daughter in school?"

"So, you saying you called from work to know how this pest-infested death trap you dumped me at, is treating me? Well, guess what! They just brought in Chris Hemsworth"

She laughed at the inside joke, the loud sound echoing into my brain and I drew the phone a little away from my poor ear.

"So wanna tell me why you called now?"