🙤 · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · Chapter 20 · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · 🙦

I honestly wasn't sure what to expect. The Demon Kingdom was said to be underground, but there was a small entrance on the surface that let demons let other species in. Fire species usually could get in on their own, but I couldn't think of any angel that had ever gone to the Demon Kingdom. I couldn't think of any reason they would go down there, other than my own. I had grown attached to Katrina and Theo, but I knew I would see them again, either soon, or maybe a few months. The doctor had said that it would take about three weeks for my wings to heal, but at least six weeks for the feathers to grow back so that I could actually fly again. I hated the idea of going down to the Demon Kingdom not being able to fly. Wings were one of the angels' main tools. We could knock someone over with the force, and they were powerful enough to knock the wind out of someone. I felt very vulnerable. King Damian was nice enough, I knew, but my angel instincts told me to dislike him since he was a demon.

"Hunter?" It was Scarlet.

I snapped out of my thoughts. We were at the train station, waiting for our train to arrive so we could go to the surface entrance to the Demon Kingdom. King Damian was somewhere else in the station getting something.

"Yeah?" I answered her.

"Has there ever been an angel in the Demon Kingdom before?" She asked.

"I don't think so, no."

"Not even King Salhom?"

"No. The Royals usually meet in the Creator Kingdom, or Argathripe."

"Oh. So this'll be interesting!" She said excitedly.

I didn't say anything. I didn't want her to hear what I was really feeling.

"Yeah..." I lied.

She was quiet, and so was I.

But then she spoke. "This feels too familiar. I think I was in an exact copy of this station when I first arrived in Argathripe. How are your wings feeling?"

"Alright."

"Okay."

More silence.

"Who's the demon we're supposed to get?"

"I dunno."

"Is it male or female?"

"I dunno."

"Do you actually know and just aren't telling me, or do you just not know?"

"Do you actually know how to shut up?!" I shouted at her.

She breathed in sharply. I shouldn't have said that to her. My emotions had gotten a hold of me. I didn't like that I had to go to the Demon Kingdom.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lash out at you. I'm just..." I didn't want to tell her.

"Scared?" She finished for me.

"No. I don't get scared. Angels must be strong and able to handle these things, after all," I replied to her.

"Hunter, don't lie to me. I won't judge you. It's normal to feel things, such as fear," Scarlet said, sounding strangely wise.

"I-"

"No. Tell me what you actually feel about this trip to find our demon and other prophet," She cut me off.

I took a quiet deep breath.

"I don't want to. But I know that I must. I am... scared. Demons are dangerous creatures, and me being an angel, I have no idea what might happen to me."

She didn't say anything.

"I'm just gonna let you guys keep going until our train gets here," I heard the King say from behind the both of us.

I spun around to see him sitting on a bench with fast food on one side of him and a coffee in the other.

"How long were you there?" Scarlet asked him.

"Child, I can be quite quiet when I wish to be. I have been here since I left."

She looked at him with a blank expression.

"What?"

Just then, though, I heard the screeching sound of the train. Scarlet looked afraid all of the sudden, and I wonder if it had something to do with her father. Then the train stopped, and she seemed a bit shaky. I sighed.

"Please don't tell King Salhom," I asked the King of demons.

"Don't worry. You're a strong young man. He knows that. But you're also a being with feelings. He knows that too. I wouldn't tell him anything he wouldn't already know, because it would waste our time. And I wouldn't dare waste my own time," He said in a strangely reassuring tone of voice.

I smiled slightly, and Scarlet tugged on my arm. I followed her to the train's open doors, and the three of us walked into the train with uncertainty, but excitement for whatever was going to happen to us.

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡