**✿❀ Chapter 13 ❀✿**

It was very wet and humid in the greenhouse. I actually kind of liked it. We didn't see anyone in there at first. We heard her voice before we saw her. She was talking to someone.

"Yes, well I don't think it'll murder you."

Someone answered. I assumed she was on the phone, because I couldn't hear anyone talking back.

"Tanya--"

She was cut off.

"Tanya," She paused. "Tanya."

More pausing.

"Tanya!!" Scarlet looked like she was holding in a laugh. "You're FINE. Calm the frick down! Don't make me come over there and beat your butt into next month!" Small pause. "I don't care. Get a stupid broom. They're not invincible!"

We heard a beep and decided that was the best time to come out.

"Freakin' demons."

I stopped in my tracks. She was communicating with a demon. I did not allow this. I walked out of the greenhouse. I noticed Scarlet hadn't followed me. I saw Katrina at the bar for the kitchen and I went over to it and slammed my fist on the counter. She jumped onto her feet and whipped out a knife I had no idea she even had in an attack stance.

"What?!" She asked, annoyed at seeing it was me.

She put the knife away and sat back down. I subconsciously saw the knife was tucked into a holding place where your sock would be. Kind of like an ankle brace.

"DEMONS!! The HUMAN is associating itself with DEMONS!!" I shouted.

"Okay, calm down. It's part of the prophecy-"

"WHERE in the STUPID prOphEcY is there a HUMAN?! Humans are vile and merciless creatures who don't deserve anything they get!!" I continued.

"Hunter!-"

"No!! I will not stand by and let a HUMAN ruin the world! Just like they did originally!! There's a reason they're kept in captivity!!"

At this point she gave up and just sighed.

"I will not associate myself with a DEMON, MUCH LESS a HUMAN!!"

I was pacing back and forth, waving my hands. My wings were getting ruffled and fluffed, like they usually do when I got angry.

 I heard someone clear their throat from behind me. I stopped in my tracks and turned to see who it was. It was the human. She was staring at me very intently. Scarlet was standing next to her. I couldn't tell what her face meant. But the human worried me.

"Um," I said, "Hi?"

I put on my 'well crap' face.

"May I talk to you, Hunter?" A. said, in an even tone that scared me.

I felt like I was going to start sweating. "Sure..."

She led me off into one of the wings of the palace. My wings were still fluffed, and I was trying to adjust them so it wasn't so obvious.

"Sit down," She ordered, pulling out a chair that was in front of a window with a table in front of it.

I obeyed and sat down.

"Wings. Out," She commanded.

"What are you gonna do?-"

"You stop talking. I'm going to talk now," She said, cutting me off.

I spread my wings.

"More. All the way, please."

I obeyed. I was scared. I hadn't felt this scared before. I didn't know why I was so scared, especially of this human. There was just something about her that frightened me. Like, if I did one thing wrong, she might snap my neck. Then I felt something touching my right wing. She was preening it, in a way.