1

It was mid March at this point in time, approaching March Break

   It was mid March at this point in time, approaching March Break. It was about time for school elections, who would take over president considering the current president in office was graduating, who was me. I was told I couldn't endorse anyone so I helped everyone who was running just some more than others. I'm glad I was campaigning that early spring morning, something to keep my mind active. I was handing out buttons, T- shirts, and putting up posters for whoever needed an extra hand. NTU student elections wasn't a joke, I'm a hypocrite to think so, but I secretly hated it, I thought it was ridiculous how much time and money was invested but God knows I put in twice the effort in my own campaign, not that I'm ashamed, I did what was necessary to reinvent myself. I had to.

Once my phone alarm sounded I had realized if I didn't hurry I'd be late. In a rush I put the rest of the posters I had failed to put up earlier, I was about to run to class when a familiar silky voice stopped me in my tracks "Saija", I turned to see Janelle, Janelle Jones, one of my closest friends, and unfortunately up until this moment I had been successfully avoiding her. "Yo, what's up with you, I've been trying to reach you since yesterday to talk about the party.". She was referring to the "March rager", and I do mean that quite literally, that would be on Friday thrown by NYU's very own football golden boy number 46, Devante Harris, and inconveniently enough my ex boyfriend. "Girl you know I'll be there, but I'm running late, we'll talk about it after class I promise." I plastered on my most believable smile as I backed away. "You better not be lying." she spoke as her eyes dared me, "Have I ever lied to you Janelle?", "Yes! Multiple occasions." she replied, "What you bein messy for. I'll be there, promise." There was no way in hell I was going to go. 

My final warning alarm rang. I was officially late, as soon as I turned the corner the wind was knocked out of me as I crashed into a tall and now blurry figure, we both fell to the ground. "Maybe watch where you're going, believe it or not you're not the only one on campus, look up once in a while." he hissed out in his deep voice. His tone made me simmer. I finally looked in his direction to find that he's already gotten up, he stood around 6 '5, a dark complexion, his eyes a dark shade of brown, his hair black and low cut waves highlighting the angles of his face, and I could feel his arrogance float around me. I jumped to my feet quickly, feeling heat spread to my face, "What did you just say to me?"

 I jumped to my feet quickly, feeling heat spread to my face, "What did you just say to me?"