3

I woke up disoriented, the sun in my eyes shining through my window causing me to groan

I woke up disoriented, the sun in my eyes shining through my window causing me to groan. I tried to move only to end up wincing in pain. I turned my head to see my cousin, Camillia, she wasn't in here when I fell asleep, the sun illuminated her skin, and highlighted the soft angles on her face, her face stained with tears. Memories from last night flashed through my head, the party, Devante, Uncle Kai, Easton, his memory most prominent. I wouldn't be surprised if he never talked to me again last night was..a lot, images of Aunt Lucia being slung to the ground flashed in my head, "Shit", I hissed at the pain as I tried to get up quickly.

I quickly glanced at my phone, Kai probably left by now to go to work, I needed to go make sure Aunt Lucia was okay, she got hurt trying to protect me, she doesn't deserve to have to keep going through this, none of us do.

I made my way downstairs and saw Aunt Lucia behind the kitchen counter with her back towards me. She must've heard me come into the kitchen because she quickly turned around to face me. I immediately frowned at the sight. A deep purple bruise covered a large patch of skin on her face, instinctively she turned her head from my gaze, "Aunt Lucia-" she cut me off with a wave of her hand "Im fine love, you know how Kai gets when he's been drinking, he was besides himself.", she plastered a smile on her face, I twisted my mouth at her words, denial must be a bliss. "He was besides himself, that's what you really believe, still?." she gently took my arm into her hand avoiding my question her gaze raked up and down my forearm, I took in its appearance for the first time, my eyes widening, deep bruising from where Kai grabbed me illuminated my skin, I looked back to meet Aunt Lucia's sorrowful gaze, silence met us both.

My phone vibrating made me break our gaze which also caused her to drop my arm, I looked at my screen to see a text from Janelle,

Baby Moms J 🥰: You tryna spend break here Saij 😗

I think a week completely away would be great, but I don't think it would be right to leave Camillia and Aunt Lucia here with Kai while I get to leave, "Who's that?" she asked bringing me out of my thoughts, "Janelle, she asked if I wanted to spend break at her house.", "You should go...You should bring Camillia too", she had an unrecognized look in her eyes, I shrugged it off and texted Janelle back,

SaijBae💚🤞🏾: Can Skip come🥺

Baby Moms J🥰:My lil sis ofc fym

SaijBae💚🤞🏾: Lmaooo okok

SaijBae💚🤞🏾:We'll be there in like half an hour

Baby Moms J🥰:See now why your black ass gotta lie bout you'll be here in half an hour smh like what do you gain😐 Lying is a sin Saija😐

SaijBae💚🤞🏾: BYE 💀 I'll see you when I see you sis

"I'm going to go tell Cami to pack a bag", "Alright great, this will be good for you two, a week away.", I hummed in agreement before heading back for the stairs and to my room.