You chose yourself

H

H.

Seattle, we meet again.

I drop my keys on the kitchen island and sigh as I look around. I had been on a business trip in London for about a year now and everything was as I left it. Silent and empty. It had been two years since I moved away from New York to Seattle, business was only expanding and that meant I was busy majority of the time. Fox Enterprises was coming to Seattle, taking it's place beside many incredible businesses. It was stressful, but I learned to cope with it.

As I served myself a scotch, I got to thinking about Beau. It wasn't unusual for her to take her place in my mind at unreasonable hours of the day or night. I hadn't seen or heard from her in over two years since she left my apartment that day. I realize I could blame no one but myself. I invited Maisie over that day and the day before. I was pathetic and lonely and I know that isn't an excuse. After she left, a week later she returned everything I had ever given her, every gift and the following month I moved to Seattle. What she didn't return though was the letter I wrote as a birthday gift to her, she always wanted to know about me so I figured.

I walk over to a table that held the liquor and pulled the drawer open to see the notepad. When I open it, her delicate handwriting is still there for me to read whenever, it was simple and wasn't even a complete sentence but I still read it any chance I got. Preferably when I got drunk off my ass, which is why I keep it by the liquor, it's a good thing she changed her number otherwise I would drunk call her any chance I got.

I broke your rule.

I sigh as I trace the slight indents the pen made when she wrote it, hopefully tracing where her fingers might've touched the paper before I close it and put it back in the drawer. It's a shame I wouldn't be able to drink myself to sleep tonight, I had an interview with Vogue at dinner tonight that I unfortunately can not get out of. I finish my drink and make my way towards the bathroom for my shower.

_

Just as I was spritzing my cologne on, my phone rings to which I answer. "Sir, the car is here." My assistant Marie says to me as I exit the bathroom, shutting the lights behind me.