To Jean & Connie.

Jean & Connie,

There is not enough words in me to describe the guilt I have. I'm sorry. However, this isn't about me. It's about the two of you, and the experiences we've shared along the way.

It's no secret that we share the origins as 104th cadets, the group of soldiers stupid enough to join the Scouts. We've persisted through so much, and in the end, at least some of us survived. I'm well aware that we don't all have that luxury.

Sasha was a good person. Everyone who had a set of eyes knew that. From the day she ate a potato during the opening ceremony, I knew this girl was tougher than most of the people standing there that day. I foresaw what had to happen. I admit, it brought me great sorrow to put it all to action. Especially after seeing what had to be done to some of our comrades, I was scared.

To many of us, Sasha was like a sister. However to put your worries to ease, she's watching over everyone now. You two, especially.

Connie, you made countless of us burst into laughter. Whenever things got dark, we could count on you to crack a few jokes and lighten the mood. You're one of the funniest guys I know, and I hope you continue to be that for everyone else when this is all over. Say hi to your mother for me too. I hope you can tell her the stories you've managed to gather throughout the years. I know she'd be so proud of the soldier you promised to become.

Jean, we had our differences. Everyone saw that. We often disagreed in many things, and yet you still trusted me to save humanity. You put it all into my hands despite knowing the risk of trusting a suicidal blockhead like me. I would never say it out loud, but thank you. You're one of the most selfless people I know.

We've all grown so much from the scared cadets joining the Scouts. There is no one else in the world who would know what we've been through, the shared pain and experiences we have together. I ask you both to carry that with pride. I know the world I left is not the ideal one, it remains unpolished, but I've done what I can to shine light on the heroes of humanity, and you guys are part of that.

Don't ever forget where you came from. It's what keeps us the way we are.

Your Comrade,
Eren.