To Annie & Reiner.

To Annie and Reiner,

I know we had massive disagreements in the beginning. We come from different sides of the world, yet in the end I always knew it was possible for Marley and Paradis to join hands, even in some small way.

You two have taught me so much. As cadets, I trusted the both of you. I hope you're both aware that I was full of anger after finding out the truth, but it doesn't change the sorrow that came with it. I was pained to know that two of the comrades who stood by me were traitors to our cause. I saw you both as my friends.

Reiner, you were like my brother. I always admired you. You carried yourself like a true leader; always calm in situations, the voice of reason, someone to rely on. We all saw that. I know that the events of everything has given you a strong yearning for rest. I hope you can achieve that soon. You deserve it.

I also hope you can see how we are the same. We were bound to a cause, whether we liked it or not, and had to pull through anyway. I'm sorry for everything you had to do, I know more than you can ever imagine the massive weight of lives we've all had to take.

This goes for you, Annie, as well. You often kept to yourself, it was hard to understand at the time why but it eventually made sense. Even though that was the case, you and I trained together. You taught me countless skills that I continued to use years after you crystallized. You helped me more than you know.

I know it wasn't easy to take all those lives you had to. However, you both had to carry a duty, as did I. For the longest time, I harbored hatred for the two of you. Bertholdt as well. I know longer feel like that. All I wish now is for you two to get the lives you deserve.

Reiner, get some rest. Annie, I hope you got to see your father after all these years. He was waiting for you.

The fight isn't over yet. We started as enemies, and we end as comrades. At least, that's how I hope we'd all see it.

Eren.

P.S. Annie, take care of Armin.