Chapter Nine

Picture of Aaron on the side.

Oh & I'm pretty sure I didn't proof read this because I didn't type it on a computer.

Chapter Nine

The next morning I woke up and got ready. I secretly hoped Aaron didnt expect that the question I'd asked him yesterday wasn't the question I was planning to ask. How could it be? I only found out Kim's party was today 2 minutes before, but I'd planned to ask him a question since he walked in. What an idiot.

The best part about today was that I got to be with my two favorite people, but I still didn't know how Kaylee would feel about me dating Aaron. Well.. Maybe not dating. Then what were we? What if he isn't done with his playerish way? I am, after all, younger then him. Is it true that he might not take younger girls seriously? What if I was just a fling that he thought he could take advantage of for a while, then he'd run for the hills when he met a new, cuter, sexier, older girl ten times better then me? Deep in thought, I didn't notice Derek walk in.

"HEY LITTLE SIS!" Derek yelled in my face. I screeched and stumbled away, my arms flailing to grab onto something that might save my balance. I caught grip of the dresser and let out a breath.

"What do you want, Derek?" I asked. He folded his arms across his chest.

"Well, you don't sound very happy to see me. BE HAPPY! I BRING HORRIBLE NEWS!" He gave me a big, shining smile. I stared back at him flatly. 

"And what exactly is this horrible news?" I looked back into the mirror and started fixing my hair. I was trying to look cute for Aaron.

"Aaron doesn't like you anymore." Derek stated, bluntly. It took me a second to process that, because I looked to Derek with wide eyes.

"WHAT!?" I practically yelled. 

"Look, he was talking to me about hooking up with this girl today. Said she's in totally hot or something and that he might get lucky." Derek explained. Usually this is when I'd dramatically go 'there were tears in my eyes, and my heart felt like it was being torn to peices', but I'm stronger then that. I don't cry that much. Though, the second part of that sentence was kind of coming true. 

"DEREK ARE YOU SERIOUS?" I was still yelling, but my voice was softer now, more hurt I guess.

"Hey, hey. Don't shoot the messanger, you're lucky I'm telling you. In fact, he told me not to tell you specifically, because you guys had a thing or whatever. Sucks, I know." Derek shrugged it off like what his best friend was doing to me was nothing. 

"Derek how could you not care about me at all? You're acting like this is no big deal." This time, my eyes did get a little teary. How could Derek be like this? he's my brother, he's supposed to be on my side.

"Look, of course I care, Krys. But it is no big deal. It's not a big deal unless you make it one." He replied, taking a step forward and touching my arm in what could've been a comforting gesture. "I'm sorry it seems like I don't care, but just let it go. It doesn't matter, guys do this. Don't make it more then it is. I guess he's' just not worth your time." 

"Oh, but he's worth yours? How could you be friends with him after this?" My lower lip trembled. My own brother was turning on me! This is was not something I could just let go and pretend didn't happen. And Derek's making it sound like just because guys do it, it's right. Given, Aaron and I weren't official. But we had something, it was there. We kissed; actually, we made out. That's got to count for something, right?

"Krys, calm down. I'm telling you, it's not a big deal unless you make it one." He repeated. 

"Then I guess I'm making it one." I said, walking out of the room and out of the house. I just sat on the front lawn for a while, fighting tears. 

--

After about an hour I got up the courage to go back inside, though I didn't even spare my brother a glance. I mostly came back in because this is where my phone was, but I'd like to think of it as me being grown up and getting over it. 

My phone started vibrating so I practically dove across the room and picked it up.

"KC? Where are you!? You're a half hour late!" Kaylees voice shrieked on the other line. 

My voice came out weaker then I thought. "Oh, right. So sorry!" I apologized and assured her I'd be there soon. Aaron hadn't even called me to cancel, he was just going to blow me off for some other girl? Well, this isn't much of a surprise. He is a player, so I don't know why I'm so surprised and hurt. 

I made my way to Kaylees house and let myself in like I do every time I go to her house. We've been best friends for a long time, I even have a key to her house. I've come in unannounced many times before. 

"KAYLEE?" I screamed. She appeared out of no where drowning me with questions.

"What's wrong? Is it something with Aaron? Is he being an asshole? I'm on your side." She said. I laughed weakly.

"No, nothing. Everything's fine. It's just- well Derek said that Aaron was planning to get some from this other girl today. And he didn't even call to cancel, but he obviously did because he's not here right now!" I frowned. She rubbed my shoulder, sympathatically but I gave her a reassuring smile.

"No, It's okay. I don't need pity. Let's just celebrate the amazing birth of Kimmy!" I tried to sound excited, which I kind of was. Kimmy always has the awesomest little kids parties, with water slides, bouny houses, balloon animals, and all. I honestly couldn't wait to get into that bounce house. Screw age, I'm never too old for a bounce house.