Part XX: Keep You Safe

Your jaw was locked into place as you flew erratically away from the cursed house. The wind beat against your face violently, but you forced your eyes to stay open. Involuntary tears streaked across your swollen cheeks and dried quickly as the assault of air blew them away. Nausea built a lump in your throat that you were struggling to keep down. From below, you could just barely make out Touya's voice as he called to you:

"(Y/N) CHILL OUT! SLOW DOWN, I'M GONNA BE SICK!" You tightened your hold on his waist.

"That's it. We're screwed. We're so totally fucking screwed." You rambled allowed, slowing your speed just a bit. What were you going to do? Endeavor had just caught you breaking into his home with a villain. How in the world were you going to explain this? Painful possibilities flooded your mind as you considered what Stiller might do when he inevitably found out about your "extracurricular activities."

"Calm down, we just... uggh, can we- buhg- land?" Touya requested between heavy breaths. He wasn't handling your evasive maneuvers very well. By now, with the speed you'd been going, you were many miles away from the Todoroki estate, but you still weren't comfortable with landing just yet.

"Calm down?! Dude, Endeavor just caught us in his house. I think this is the perfect time to not be calm!" You spat back at him.

Touya's hands raised to cover yours, though you weren't sure if he was trying to comfort you, or his stomach. "He didn't catch us, he saw us."

"Technicalities are not going to help us here, Touya!" You cried as you scanned the ground for a secluded place to touch down. Unconsciously, you squeezed your friend's torso tighter. One of Touya's hands shot to his mouth as he attempted to hold in his gag.

"Please land..." You heard him croak meekly. Usually, you'd feel awful for having put him through the wringer like this. His tendency to get motion sick hadn't completely slipped your mind, but given the situation, you felt that worrying about it wasn't a top priority. Giving in to his requests, you began to descend, albeit, rather suddenly, towards a wooded area, making sure to keep clear of any hiking paths. You dropped Touya haphazardly onto the grassy ground before touching down rather roughly yourself. Sticks and stones pricked your bare feet, but you hardly noticed in your distracted state. You began pacing back and forth and ranted rapidly. Your arms gestured wildly as you spoke.

"I can't believe this. I knew we shouldn't have gone in there- I told you we shouldn't have gone in there, and still, you talked me into it... and I let you! Whyyyy did I let you?" In truth, you weren't sure who to be more upset with: Touya, or yourself. Sure, the break-in was his idea, but you went along with it so easily. You were supposed to be a hero, and yet here you were: breaking the law- because of what? Peer pressure? Had you really let your feelings run so wild that they blinded you from reality? The knot in your stomach was growing larger by the second.

"Hey, calm down." Touya spoke gently as he stepped towards you.

"What are we gonna do? They know we're together now, they're going to be looking for us!"

"(Y/n), chill out a second."

"God, how could I have been so stupid? Stiller would never let me live this down if he- oh shit, Stiller!"

"(Y/n)..."

"Endeavor is definitely gonna tell him! God damn it, I'm so fu-"

In one swift motion, Touya stepped forward, hooked his arm around your waist, and pulled you into a rushed, yet tender kiss. The quickness of his action made him nearly miss your lips. It was awkward, but you were effectively shut up. Your frantic thoughts melted away for a moment- just long enough for you to regain some kind of composure. You'd only just begun to close your eyes when Touya pulled away.