Chapter 8: Homecoming Blues

Maddie's POV:
"What's with the face Ziegler, and why are you soaked?" Dalton questions with a smirk on his face.

"It's none of your buisness, now just leave me alone kay?," I stammer back.

"No but for real, why are you soaking wet?" He says, a little more seriously but still with a laugh.

If he's not gonna leave me alone I guess I might as well tell him..
"I didn't mean to but I accidentally set my chem room on fire because the stupid-ass Kamyrn Beck had to knock over some blue shit all over my binder and I tried cleaning it with water but it was actually hydrogen peroxide and it started a fire," I say all in one breath.

"Woah, woah chill dude. Not a big deal it's not like it's your fault, bet what I did was wayyy worse," He smirks.

I raise an eyebrow.
"Oh yeah? How much worse can you get from setting a class on fire?"

"Well, I-" he gets cut off.
"Madison Ziegler? Please enter the Principles Room," A woman says from behind the desk, not even looking up.

"Sorry, I gotta go," I tell Dalton with a smile that was half real and half not.

"Wait heres my number," He says handing me a crumpled piece of paper, which I reluctantly take and put in my pocket.

------
ONE WEEK LATER
------
"MADDIE, OH MY GOD MADDIE," Chloe shrieks over the phone.

"Correct, my name is Maddie, glad that you know it by now!" I play with her.
I could almost see her roll her eyes at my comment.

"TELL ME ITS TRUE!" She screams again.

Tell her what?
"Chlo, what on earth are you talking about?" I say, plopping onto my bed.

I listen to her ramble on about Dalton or something as I play with the fabric on my comforters.

"..SO DO YOU THINK HE'S GONNA ASK YOU?"

"Who's asking me to what now?" I mumble, I wasn't even listening to her rant or whatever.

"Dalton! You guys are dating right?"

"What are you talking about?! Of Course we aren't, we just went on a few dates and those were all friendly, we are just friends" I say slowly for her to comprehend it.

Dalton and I hung out a few times over the past week, I really like him actually ( as a friend ofcourse ,) But obviously Chloe's got other plans, like always.
One time, she put me on a blind date with this kid who smelt like rotten milk, ew!

"Well obviously Dalton, thinks other wise, he always talks about you!" Chloe fangirls as if she's the one having someone talk about her.

"Who do I always talk about?" I hear a voice that I label as Dalton's walk into Chloe's room.

"I was just telling Maddie how YOU always-" Chloe gets cut off by Dalton.

I barely hear him say it but I catch a few words:

"If you- tell- about the homecoming- suprise-swear-DONT" I hear bits and pieces of Dalton's words.

What!?
------