Chapter Four: My Guardian Angle

"Okay everyone settle down, let's start with Junior solos age catagory 9-11!

In fourth place, is Kendall Vertes with, Evacuate!"

Kendall unsurely walked up to recieve her fourth place prize, which she knew wouldn't be enough in Abby's eyes. With a fake smile she returned back to the stage.

"In third place, is Amanda Stallman with, Outsider!!"

The small blonde ran up to the announcer, obviously proud of making the top three, and sat back down.

"Now ladies and gentlemen, the first and second place numbers were tied for both their techinque and their dancing. So we will have the audience choose by whoever recieves the loudest applause!"

Please be me. Please be me. Please be me. I prayed in my head. Memories all whirled inside me making my hunger for the win even larger.

My mom embraced me in a hug. "Great job Maddie! Mackenzie would be so proud of you!" she said smiling.

At age 8 my sister Mackenzie, was killed in a car crash. It was hard for me and my mom, but we still had each other.

Clinging to my first place award I smiled bigger than ever before! I had won the mini petite title!

"Can we please have, Chloe Lukasiak from Abby Lee Dance Company and Madison Ziegler as a individual soloist please come to center stage."

We made our way to center stage.

"Please clap if you want Chloe to win!"

The announcer listened carefuly.

"Now please clap if you want Madison to win!"

In his head he formed a conclusion.

"Okay, In second place we have...."