Chapter 7: Diversion

“ What do you mean by solution Lyrus?”. “ We all know that Fort Codex is the only way to enter the Eastern region since the very border has a powerful barrier which prevent anything going out right?”. The rest simply agreed. “ But there is a way to distract them. A few days ago, me and my men managed to locate a dragon’s nest on the barrens, well it nested near an oasis. There were two of them I believe and very strong”.

“ I’m surprised there are still dragons here in the southern region, ever since our Lord’s death the rest of our commanded beasts left, including the dragons”. “ You have a point Claire, but regardless they may prove useful, good job Lyrus”. Lyrus bowed and seemed satisfied with the prince’s compliment.

“ We could use the dragons to cause some diversion to divert there attention away from the fort which will give me the advantage to slip away the southern region”. “ Me and the Eye will assist you my prince” .

" Very well, Lyrus, show Cypher where the dragon’s nest are, Kyrine and Eclipse, you and the rest of the Eye will assist me in taking care of the rest. Ardde and Claire, you will remain here and secure the base, especially keeping an eye to that sneaky warlock, anyways we’ll begin the plan this very night, so Lyrus and Cypher, make haste.

“ As you command, our prince”. Cypher and Lyrus then teleported to where the dragon’s nest lies, on the other hand, Kyrine and Eclipse left the hall to gather the rest of the Eye. Ardde and Claire also left to get the rest of their warriors secure the base. Rion then sat for while, preparing himself for tonight.

Hours passed, nighttime came. Rion, Kyrine and Eclipse and the a few members of the Eye arrived near Fort Codex. “ As expected the border is really secured”. “ I wonder where Grand Warlock Cypher and Lyrus are already”. Then they’ve saw some horses ridden by guards rushing towards the fort. Rion and the rest listened secretly. The commander of the detachment and Arch Mage Berith faced them.

“ What is the meaning of this you grunt, it’s late already”. “ We bear ill news, one of our barracks is being attacked by a dragon while one of our storehouse is also being attacked by a dragon”. “ It has been years since dragons attacked us”. “ The majority of them left after the Dark Lord’s death, something’s at play I presume, but regardless, commander, deal with the dragon attacking the storehouse,  my own knights will follow you, they are trained to deal with such beasts, I will deal with the dragon attacking the barracks”.

“ As you command, your Eminence”. Berith then opened a portal, where the commander and a large portion of the knights come through, while Berith teleported himself to the barracks, the other knights stood guard and stationed them selves around the fort. “ It seems we have our distraction at play, but how about the others”. Well all what’s left are the regular guards, Berith’s knights were a bit more threatening anyways”.

” Kyrine, get your men and take out the guards, Eclipse will be accompanying me up to the gate”. Kyrine and the others bowed and proceeded towards the fort. The guards on the tower saw the them but even before they can react, they were shot down by the other members of the Eye with such precise aim, while Kyrine and her the others swiftly killed the rest that were on the ground.

The guards were having a hard time trying to strike or evade their enemies. Meanwhile, Rion and Eclispe reached the gate, there were a few guards standing in front of them but with ease, Rion used his powers and electrocuted them until they lost their consciousness.

” Such power my prince”.” It’s nothing Eclipse, regardless we have finally made it”. Rion then inspected the gate, it was made of a good quality of steel, enchanted to resist stronger attacks.” As expected, they’ve enchanted the gate, it can only be opened by a guard or anyone recognized by the gate”.” Should I get one of the guards, my prince”.

” No, it may be enchanted but it’s still a feeble magic, stand aside Eclipse”. Eclipse stood aside. Rion then begun preparing a powerful spell. He muttered some kind of ancient spell, a medium size ball of flame appeared from his hands, he slowly moved his hands around the flame as if his enhancing it’s power, he then directed the ball of flame towards the gate and the ball of flame moved towards the gate. It then hit the gate and the gate slowly crumbled and broke.

“ As I’ve said, feeble magic”. Rion then saw the path beyond the border, a cool breeze of wind greeted him. He then walked out of the border and felt the sense of victory. “ It’s been years since I’ve felt such winds”. Rion looked back.” Eclipse go back to your sister and escape”.” May you succeed my prince, I’ll await your return”. Eclipse bowed and ran.

Rion looked back and teleported himself and disappeared. Eclipse on the other hand saw her sister along with the other members of the Eye. “ Sister!”.

” Eclipse, where’s the prince?”.” He embarked on his quest, we should leave the fort anyways”.” Very well”. Kyrine then took her horn from her pocket and blew it loudly. The other members of the Eye heard it and begun their escape. Kyrine, Eclispe and the others left the fort.