pathways & labyrinths

Some people grow up believing in things. They believe in the universe, love, happiness. Other people grow up believing in the unknown dark black hole, the murderer who lingers around every corner, the life they seek out but have no soul, no energy left to find.

Stagnation is yet another route in life, one that consistently changes. Like the rivers fed by glaciers on a hot summers day, it can be both the results of rapid change or the slow trickle of a bigger thing. One minute you feel yourself within the moment, the next you feel lost, as if stuck in a cave that slowly fills with water.

The illusions drafted by society are ones that play tricks on the mind. The media tells you on thing, your guardians tell you another. You build yourself upon the perceptions of others, the social makeup that stitches together the blanket known as society. Finding your way; impossible.

If you mimic people you are unoriginal, if you try new things you are weak.

Your friends find new pathways, new doors, new lights and yet you are stuck in a room. A room with no door, no lock, no key.

Life is a revolver with blanks, you wait for your turn in the barrel. The bullet flying is your once in a lifetime opportunity to escape. To escape whatever is most important in life. To escape the room you are stuck in.

Long drives up windy roads freeing. As if the hills never stop, the roads forever zig zagging.

People move forward, on the straight highway, arriving at their destination. You never do.

You are the same person you were 10 years ago and maybe that won't change.

Maybe labyrinths were never meant to be escaped.