NINE

The Other Innit | Wilbur Soot

Once again, as always, when confronted with emotions, Lucas isolated himself

Once again, as always, when confronted with emotions, Lucas isolated himself. He refused to be weak and emotional. He basically didn't speak for an entire week and stayed one more week kinda distant. Whenever he went downstairs to refill his coffee or his tea, Angela and Tom could see the bags under his eyes and his hands shaking as he lifted the cup.

Whenever he was in that sort of mood there was only a few possible outcomes.

1- Some minor inconvenience would happen and he would have a breakdown, Angela and Tom would hold him for a while and slowly he would come back to his normal state.

2- His mind would take a while but he eventually would come back down. This was the most normal one.

3- This was the most unusual one. Someone would make him really angry and he would probably end up in a fight. Most likely spend a night in jail to cool off and next day he would continue with his life as the people he fought never had the strength to confront him in court. This happened a few times but not always.

Tom was worried. His brother was not okay and for two weeks he stayed completely alone. Lucas love language was most definitely touch and his family knew that, and his to go self destructive behavior was isolation.

Wilbur was also worried. Lucas stayed radio silent for two weeks, since the meeting. Tommy kept him updated about his alive status but the younger boy had just as much information as him.

Another thing, when Lucas enter these Ice Stages, the house is definitely more quiet. Lucas sings and humns all the time, talk to himself walking down the stairs, watches tv at unholy hours. But when he is not okay, the only thing you can hear is Tommy's screams and the house activities. You could barely hear him moving in his room.

At end of week two was when Tommy and Wilbur decided that it was enough. Lucas needed an intervention. So Tommy and Wilbur joined their brains and made a plan.

In one week from now Wilbur would come to Nottingham and take Lucas out for a day. Yes, they knew that Lucas might not want to go out with Wilbur but he would force himself to go out if the other used the 'i-came-all-the-way-here' card and Lucas wouldn't talk to Tom or Angela.

Tommy told Wilbur about Lucas favorite places, like the Ice cream shop, the aquarium, the library, the abandoned rugby field and a few others.

Wilbur had the plan to take him to the aquarium and have some ice cream, go to the library and play a little game Niki once told him, and at the end of the day they would buy some cheap beer and some snacks, go to the abandoned rugby field and stay there until god know when. Tommy told Wilbur which tube lines he had to take.

As the day grew closer, Tommy and Wilbur grew worried, Lucas has been more angry each day, he got himself in four different discussions over phone, he was right but they could see his temperament getting to him. He also accidentally broke two different mugs but did not break down.