TEN

The Other Innit | Wilbur Soot

I wanna apologize in advance to Fatherinnit. I know you are a great person, but i needed it. Sorry.

tw: mention of cheating, abandonment, horrible father

Lucas was slowly getting back at his feet. It was a hard job. When you are the support your entire life is kinda hard being the one who needs support but with time he can accept that he can be loved again.

Angela knew that he son was completely and utterly terrified. For him any kind of relationship outside of the one he already had were too overwhelming. She knew why. When the person who is supposed to love you the most in your life simply doesn't, any other is some kind of threat.

It seemed like all of their important conversations happened over tea and this one was not different.

As Angela put a cup of tea in front of Lucas and sat down she started the conversation they both wanted to have but neither could start.

"You are scared." His eyes were dark and empty.

"If I was just scared I would have fixed this easily. But I'm more than just scared." His elbows were on the table as he held his head, looked like it weighed tons. "I'm petrified. My head orders me to run but my heart begs me to stay."

"Then why can't you stay?" She knew the answer, but he needed to get it out of his chest.

"Because if I stay, I'll get hurt." His fists met the table. "I'll be torn apart in a billion pieces and I'll have to fix myself once again." He was not a adult right now, he was a 10 year old boy who was abandoned.

"You assumed just because you father didn't love you that you couldn't be loved by anyone else." Lucas had a betrayed look in his face when he looked at her, but they knew it was true.

"How can I be loved by anyone else if he couldn't love me? I'm really that unlovable? Am I really that broken?" He already had tears down his face.

"You are not unlovable. You just a little lost. You're just a little damaged, but you can always come back. You can always fix yourself." She sat down by his side.

"I didn't choose to be like this." His voice broke her heart.

"We rarely do, my love." She held his face and brushed his tears away. "But some people are born with fire and suffering in their blood. They usually turn sad awfully young. But there are some people out there, raised in love and kindness that choose us. They choose us to love. And they love us and we love them back. And for a moment when they hold our faces between their hands, we feel a little less broken." She brought his head to her shoulder.

They stayed like that for a while. A million thoughts flooded Lucas head. He felt so war torn, but maybe, with time, he could bring himself to be known once again.