TWELVE

The Other Innit | Wilbur Soot

Any noise is better than radio silence

A few weeks went by since the event and the residents of the Knightly household decided to forget that it even happened. Tommy focused on the Dream SMP and The Election he had to run, Angela decided to start working with woodwork and painting, and Lucas considered every day leaving his job to run away and become a farmer in some isolated country side city with no internet.

Lucas could barely focus on his job. His boss was getting worse every single day making him want to give up and get a job anywhere else. His head sounded like a thousand of weird functioning radios all on different channels. He couldn't be in peace even in his own silence.

An for that reason Lucas asked Wilbur to focus on Tommy. The younger boy needed someone constant and stable and Lucas was definitely anything but that.

Lucas had those times where his mind was way too messy to be considered a safe place. He would normally work it out alone blocking all the emotions he had. But this time the universe decided that he was not alone.

—-

In some way Niki wormed her way into Lucas life. She enjoyed talking to him in the brighton trip but soon in the conversation she realized he was a quite reserved and introverted person so she decided do her best to raise that friendship.

Took some time and some secret information passed to her from Wilbur but she managed to get Lucas to talk. He would never admit but those new friendships were doing him some good.

Niki had traveled all the way to England so she could hang out properly with Wilbur, Tommy and Lucas without all the streaming and pressure.

Wilbur had to work with a few "secret projects", Lucas only knew it was something related to music.

Niki's visit fell perfect with his schedule, he was supposed to do a glam dress but he simply couldn't decide on who to do that. His mind was foggy and his ideas mixed. For one second, when he saw how Niki contrasted with a few colors, he had a vision. So he dragged Niki to his atelier and started to dump on her hundreds of different colors of fabric.

After almost dumping a bottle of glitter on the poor girl, he finally found the right color, deep blue with silver ornaments. Now he only needed to make the dress.

For once he decides to do things without a plan. No sketching, no planning, no promises, just Lucas, Niki, the blue fabric and an insane amount of diamond like stickers.

"Niki," Lucas mumbled with safety pins in his mouth. "You are a very good friend, but if you move one more time, I'm using you feet as needle pad."

"Lucaaaaaas," She dragged the word. "How much longer do I need to feel like I'm a overpriced fairy cake?"

"You are my overpriced fairy cake. Now hold on just a bit more so I can measure this and we can transfer the dress to the mannequin." Lucas pulled another blue fabric that Niki didn't even realize he had in hands.