Chapter I

Instead of giving an explanation for my behaviour. I let them wonder why I m the way I m. ~ anonymous

The early gentle spring breeze slightly made the curtains of the mansion, rise and fall

The early gentle spring breeze slightly made the curtains of the mansion, rise and fall. The whole mansion was silent except for the pups aka kids playing. Their laughter echoed as the footsteps of the Beta was gradually heard along the corridor. The beta drew a sharp breath and entered the meeting hall.

The large meeting hall had a lignum vitae wooden table at the centre with a chandelier adorning the room in the middle. The room was painted in dark grey and had a portrait of the Alpha's family. Everyone from the pack was seated around the table talking in hushed voices. The beta took the seat right beside the centre seat.

The Gamma on the left to the centre seat politely smiled at the Beta. The hushed voice now became slightly louder and audible.

"He is young. The youngest Alpha in  history. On what basis is a noob like him fit for an Alpha position?" questioned the voice which belonged to an elder man. He was in his late forties with evident white hair and his brown crisp suit and his expensive watch on his wrist and the air around him screamed 'hungry for power'.

The loyal Gamma and Beta too done with this usual mocks were about to step in when the air became heavier. The room went dead silent as the footsteps became louder. Everyone at the table glanced at each other nervously despite having the guts to throw shade.

The door knob turned and in came the most praised and criticized Alpha, Trystan. The aura around him was rich, expensive and intimidating as heck. He wore a white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled to the elbows.

His alluring grey green eyes lazily scanned the table stopping at each for a second making the person on the other side squirm under his powerful gaze. His wolf didn't have make an appearance to make them flimsy.

He walked to the centre and sat down placing his hands on the table, intervening his fingers. A strand of his perfectly set black jet hair fell over his eyes. Everyone avoided making eye contact with the young Alpha. The sun rays which peaked through the blinders gave his, already sculpted face look like a new sculpture freshly done.

The Beta cleared his throat gaining everyone's attention. "The humans proposed an idea" he stopped looking at the Alpha for some reaction but as usual there wasn't a hint of it.

"The idea is called as the 'Human - Wolves treaty' and it requires our stay in the human society for a while." The Alpha nodded thoughtfully. The Gamma continued.

"To show the sincerity, we all decided it's better for you to go yourself, Alpha" The Alpha raised his eyebrows at him. "No" he answered coldly and stood up pushing his hands inside his pockets. "If that's all the meeting is about, then I m taking my leave" he walked outside slamming the door in the process. Yeah and that was the end of the meeting. Short and sweet. Trystan, either agrees or disagrees, there was no inbetween.