chapter - V

A thin line between love and hate? I guess that why we fall in love with someone who we used to hate so much and hate some one whom we used to love. ~ Anonymous.

Trystan drummed his fingers on the table as his left hand was placed under his chin. His eyes scanned the dense forest surrounding his house, the Eastern Pack's residence.

His eyes devoid of any emotions, his minds wandered to a specific someone, whose touch could leave his pack shocked.

He licked his canines before standing up and walked towards the dusty door in his room, his study room. He slowly turned the door knob as the dust enveloped him. He waved the dust and cleared the webs from his way. The room was dark, the curtains were closed. He turned the switch on, only for it to flicker and go completely off.

His hands slid across the wooden glass table, as it cleared a line of dust. He exhaled as he opened the draw. There lied an unpinned documents and an ink pen without a lid and a photo frame.

Trystan's hands almost reached for it before he withdrawed his hand and walked backwards. He rushed out of the room and locked the door and sat on his chair.

There was a knock on his door. The door opened and a maid walked in. "Alpha. The Omega asks for you" she said in a timid voice. "En" he nodded as he walked out of his room.

"You asked for me?" Trystan asked as he leaned on the Omega's door at the entrance. There was two people in Omega's room. One face was familiar to him while the other wasn't.

The male werewolf turned and stood up looking down at his feet in guilt as the woman beside him stood up and looked down too. "How bout you take a seat, Alpha?" The Omega asked as Trystan walked in. A human scent hit his nostrils and he knew what the situation was about.

"This is Han. He found his mate three months ago and it turned out to be a human" The room fell silent as Han held his breath.

Trystan nodded as he looked at the woman. She was in her early twenty, long curly hair, dark tanned skin, downturned nose, shorter than Han looked perfect together with Han.

"So?" Trystan asked as the Omega encouraged Han to speak. The poor guy, who was already suppressed with Alpha's aura meekly continued. "I wish to marry Lina" he said as Trystan nodded once again. Hans and Lina's eyes lightened up while the Omega was grinning from ear to ear.

They thanked them and left the room as Trystan looked at the Omega who was nervous for some reason. "These kinds of trivial things doesn't require my presence. Despite that you bought me here. I wonder why?" He tipped his chin forward even though he knew the answer.

The Omega shuffled from one feet to another as Trystan sighed. "No matter what, the fact that humans make me feel disgusting won't change" he stood up and patted the elder's shoulder walking away.

The Omega sighed looking at the young Alpha, who faced many trails which he wasn't sure, that he, himself could have gone through without breaking.

            | •A R I A D N E' S  P O V•|

Too tired to even move I layed on my couch throwing my new back pack on the floor. I lied there silently, watching the ceiling. A tiny chandelier hanging in the middle. I heard from my uncle that my parents designed each and every room by themselves and bought everything after a careful consideration.

I smiled at the thought of them. I had my father's eyes and smile and my mother's nose. I don't have much memories of them despite them passing away when I was 7 years and two months. I vaguely remember their laughter, my mother's cooking and my father's voice. It all seem long and distant to me.