chapter one: the training corps

It's been a long time, but today is finally the day.

     When we put our fists over our hearts, we were dedicating ourselves to humanity.

      "YOU, SOLDIER!" He shouted at me, after he was done with Armin.

      "Sir." I said calmly.

       "What's your name soldier!?"

        "Y/n, sir." I replied.

         "Your family name as well!?"

          "I don't have one, sir." I replied, feeling a little self conscious but not showing it.

          "Very well, why are you here!?"

          "I'm here to become a well rounded soldier, sir." I answered.

         "Alright..." He said awkwardly. He walked past me to the next soldier. I wanted to turn around and look at Eren, but I knew I'd probably get myself in trouble doing that.

     Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and myself have all grown up a little.

     Eren had always looked good to me, but now? He looked even better. That's right. You heard me right. He's good looking. Very good looking. Do I like him? I don't know...maybe?

     Although, deep inside...I feel like he still hasn't forgiven me fully for essentially bullying him all those years ago.

    (Time skip)

      I sat down next to Armin, across from Eren, who was sat next to Mikasa.

      "Y/n? Your not eating..." Mikasa stared at me.

     "R-right, sorry. Not used to this much food..." I said, staring down at my plate, not wanting to eat the delicious looking food on it.

    "If your not going to eat it, I'm sure Sasha would appreciate it. She's not allowed to eat and has to run outside." A blonde girl said.

   "I'm Krista by the way." She smiled.

     "Y/n, and sure. I'll give it to her." I said lifting up my plate.

     "I'll take it to her for you Y/n." Krista said kindly.

    "Thanks." I smiled back.

     Just then I noticed Eren picking a fight with some guy. I think his name was...Jean?

    Eren was yelling something about the survey corps at him.

    "Eren..chill." I said coming up behind him, and putting a hand on his shoulder.

    "Chill!? What about this guy??" He yelled, shoving my hand away.

    I sighed. I pinched his ear, and began pulling him outside despite his yells and cries.

     I felt like Mikasa, this is probably something she would do honestly.
I was far from being a mother to Eren, but I knew how to keep him in check.

    Once we were outside, I let go of Eren's ear, motioning for him to sit down.

     He sniffed, a few drops streaming down his cheeks.

    "Are you crying again?" I asked, he turned away from me, trying to wipe his eyes. I grabbed him in a bear hug, not letting go, despite his surprise.

    "Y-y/n...wh-what are you doing??" He asked, his voice was still sort of quivering and he was still crying.

    "Making you feel better, dummy." I said, hugging him closer. He finally hugged back, and sniffed into my shoulder.

    "You know, you really are a crybaby Eren."

     "Sh-shut your mouth.." he whined.