chapter five: night

Our first night at the castle. Our new squad...Squad Levi that is, is staying here and there were enough rooms for us all to get one. For whatever reason, Eren didn't seem too enthusiastic about that bit.

"Eren?" I asked, as we walked down a corridor to our rooms.

"Y/n?" He replied.

"Why did you seem nervous about the fact that we all get our own rooms? Your not scared are you?" I asked, smirking a little, trying to tease him.

"What? No...Y/n..." he groaned. I just laughed a little, until I noticed his face fall.

"Hey, I was just messing around with you...shit...I should really stop doing that I'm sorry Ere-"

"It's fine." He cut my off, walking into his room and closing the door behind him.

'God damnit I'm such an idiot...'

I walked into my room, which was right next door, and I closed the door behind me. I then peeled off my shirt, and ran my hands through my hair, going to the sink. I splashed my face with some water and then went to lie down on the bed as the dimly lit room seemed to get inside my head.

"Why do I have to be such an asshole...I've made him cry so much already I don't know if I can ever even make up for it...he's so sweet...maybe too sweet...he shouldn't forgive me..I'm a terrible person, but yet...he still likes to be around me all the time..." I ranted to myself.

"I just wish I could some how make up for all the shit I've done...all I ever want to do is make him smile a lot more than I've made him cry..." I said.
I sat up on the bed, pulling my knees to my chest and resting my head on them.
My lip quivered but I tried to force myself not to cry.

• • •

Later that night I had the lights shut off and I laid in the comfortable bed, trying desperately to fall asleep. But I couldn't. I then heard a soft knock on my door.

"Come in..." I mumbled, but loud enough to hear.

It was a familiar head of brown hair, standing at the doorway. He closed the door behind him and made his way over to my bedside.

"Eren?" I asked, rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"Please Y/n...can I sleep here?...don't make fun of me...j-just say yes or no, if you say no it's ok, just please don't laugh at me for-" I cut him off there.

"No, Eren...I'm not gonna make fun of you..and I'm sorry for teasing you earlier...I should stop joking around so much...of course you can stay here...c'mere, tell me what's wrong bud." I said comfortingly, patting a spot on the bed for him to come lay in.

He got into bed with me and I put my arms around him.

"I couldn't sleep alone..I kept having n-nightmares...and I kept feeling so alone..it sc-scared me.." he explained, shivered a little bit. I grabbed him around the waist and pulled him close to me. I nuzzled his shoulder comfortingly.

"It's ok Eren...you'll be just fine right here...I'm right here with you...just relax." I said. Our legs tangled together, and he buried his head in my chest.

"Y/n...th-thank you." He stuttered.

"You wanna tell me what your nightmares were about?" I asked, gently stroking his hair with one arm, while the other remained around his waist.

"Well, there were two...one was more like memories..it was my dad..I didn't like it Y/n..." He said, his voice cracking.

"Shh..it's ok...wanna tell me what the other one was about?" I inquired. He mumbled an mhm, and continued.

"The other one was, you went back to hating me..." He said, squeezing me a little tighter.

"Eren...firstly...I never hated you in the first place." I started.

"You..didn't?" He asked.

"Of course not..I so badly wanted to be your friend...but I was too dumb to know how." I admitted.

"Y/n.."

"Secondly, I'd never ever hate you...ever." I assured him.

"Promise?" He asked quietly.

"I promise." I said.

It was quiet for a bit, as we just continued to cuddle eachother, I thought maybe he'd fallen asleep, until he said something.

"You're...warm."

I shifted nervously, this was really nice, and my face flushed red.

"Y/n...?" He asked softly.

"Y-yeah.."

"Please don't leave me...even if I turn into a titan again, can you promise you won't abandon me...if I do something stupid, even something terrible...will you stay with me?" He asked quietly.

"Of course Eren...I'll never leave you. No matter what."