chapter three: titan

Maneuvering wasn't too difficult, especially once we got the hang of it. Then it really felt like, we were flying.

"Hey Y/n!" Eren shouted to me, as he stood next to Connie and a few of the others on the wall.

"Hey Eren." I said calmly, landing next to him.

"It seems like more of them are going to join us in the survey corps." He explained, gesturing to Connie mostly. Connie turned a little red.

"I decided it on my own." He groaned.

"Right." I nodded slightly. I looked around, my head spinning in different directions, and my breathing hitched.

"What is it Y/n ?" Eren asked.

"Eh-what?" I asked turning to face him.

"You seem really distracted, is something wrong?" He inquired. My face tinted red, but I shook my head.

"Uh...n-no I just..." I trailed off, looking behind me, then back in front of me. Something felt really off. REALLY off.

"Y/n!" Eren said, snapping me out of my trance.

"Wh-what?!" I shouted at him. He seemed a bit taken aback by this.

"What's wrong? Is there something wrong???" He asked, his face wasn't angry, it only showed concern.

"Something feels...of-"I was cut of by a loud footstep, as a large head peered itself over the wall.

"What the?!" Shouted Connie.

"It's been 5 years..." Eren muttered, drawing one of his blades.

"Looks like your intuition was right, there was something off." He said to me.

"Eren we cant fight it by ourselves." I said. He didn't seem to be listening though.

He went after it. I indeed had to follow. I fought with him until we found ourselves back with the corps.

"Titans have invaded. We're going to split you into groups to take them down."

Eren leaned down next to Armin, and asked how he was doing.

I walked up to Mikasa.

"Mikasa, you're not in the same group as us?" I asked her.

"No, unfortunately." She sighed.

"It's alright, we will meet up with you later. I promise..." I looked over at the brunette sitting next to the blonde. "I promise I'll protect Eren, and Armin." I said. She nodded slightly and left with her squad.

I went back over to Eren and Armin.

"It's time." I said.

(Time skip)

I woke up with a start, sweating. What the hell happened? I thought. Then the memories came flooding back. Eren getting eaten by a titan, Eren turning into a titan. Everything came back.

"No...why did it have to be Eren..." I mumbled to myself, hugging my knees.

I felt my h/c hair sticking to my forehead and brushed it back with my fingers. (If you have long hair, tie it up.)

I tried to get up, only to realize my right leg hurt like hell.

I sucked my teeth in pain.

"Y/n..." I heard a voice say, as they closed the door behind them after coming in.

I looked over to see an exhausted looking Eren, standing there. He looked like he could fall over.

"Eren.." I groaned, almost falling off the bed I was on.

"Careful, don't move...they said your leg is broken." Eren told me, causing me to lie back down.

"Eren...your...a titan...?" I asked quietly. He nodded slightly.

"Why...why does it have to be you...I'm so glad your not dead but...what if this is a fate worse than death...?" I worried out loud.

"Don't worry about me, your the one with a broken leg right now." He said, kneeling down next to my bed.

"I don't remember how my leg got broken..." I said.

Eren sighed, placing a hand on my forearm.

"The colossus titan snacked the shit out of you." He put simply.

"Jesus." I replied.

"Eren...?" I asked, my voice quiet.

"Hm?" He hummed softly, his hand rubbing my forearm.

"Come closer." I requested, my voice was dry and raspy, but quiet and serious.

He leaned closer to me, and I wrapped my weak arms around him, causing him to place his arms around me, careful not to hurt my leg. My arms were tight around his back, while his were around my neck.

"I'm not going to leave you're side Eren." I said.

"And I'm not leaving yours." He replied.