~ chapter seventeen ~

• y/n nicholson pov •

the day of the yule ball had come.

everyone was all over the place getting last minute things ready to go for later on tonight.

i had showed daphne and millicent my dress this morning, they both loved it and said i'd look great in it.

adrian still hadnt seen it, i've described it to him but not actually showed him. he wanted it to be a surprise so i agreed to wait until the actual ball.

classes weren't on so that we could all prepare and get ready.

i was currently lounging in my room watching as daphne frantically looked for a necklace that she was already wearing and she had just forgotten.

i didn't want to tell her as it was amusing to me.

it shouldn't be but it is.

"y/n help please!" she says starting to get panicked, okay i'll stop just watching.

"babes, look in the mirror.." i say trying not to laugh.

"oh you bitch" she says laughing. "you love me really" i say as i open a chocolate frog, "y'know, you should be getting ready y/n not sitting scranning" daphne said walking to the desk to start her makeup.

"it's not for another four hours daph, it's okay" i say.

"fair enough, you look perfect all the time anyway so you could show up in a bin bag and you'd blow everyone away" she says putting powder on.

"hey i'm back" millicent said coming through the dorm, "where were you?" i ask,

"getting these" she said showing shoes, "ah okay"

"by the way i wouldn't go into the common room unless you wanna see pansy literally climbing on top of draco" she says fake gaging.

this is the time i tell them,

"girls?" i ask, they both make noises of acknowledgement, "i'm not going to lie, i think i like draco" i awkwardly admit.

they look at me with weird looks, "i know i shouldn't but i do so yeah"

"you like who you like it's okay y/n" daphne said, millicent was soon to agree.

i nod, "right i should probably get ready now" i say, "yes you should" daphne says.

i get out of bed and stretch my arms out to the sides, deciding to do my makeup first i walk over and sit beside daphne.

i grab my makeup bag from the counter and get everything out of it.

so i could multi-task, i put a spell on my wand so i could put my makeup on and do my hair at the same time.

"right i'm done" daphne says standing up off the desk, "how do i look?" she asks.

"you look that good i want to pin you down on that bed and scissor with you, sh don't tell adrian" i say giggling turning back round to continue doing my makeup and hair.

she comes up behind me and fake moans in my ear making my eyes widen and a loud laugh to escape my mouth.

"daphne! wait until after the ball at least" i say winking. "but i want you now sexy" she says.

i love a friendship like daphne and i's, bullying each other one minute, flirting the next.

"no but seriously, you look sexy as fuck daph" i say, "thank you babes" she says kissing my cheek.

"you're fucking lucky i didn't have makeup on that side of my face there, you've got lipstick all over me" i say as a fake threat.

"yeah you'd do nothing" she says.

i scoff and shake my head, finishing off my makeup and hair.

i stand up and walk over to where my dress was so i could put it on.

"can someone zip me up?" i ask, millicent comes over after finishing zipping daphnes dress and zips mine.

"thank you" i say spinning round, "jesus you're hot" she says, "wanna fuck" daphne says.

"oh hell yes" i say.

"wait is that choker there so that draco doesn't have to?" daphne says, "oh my god i hate you." i sigh.

"you love me really"

—————————-

eventually we headed down to the great hall which had been converted into a ballroom.

as soon as we go in adrian comes over and wraps his arms round my waist.

"you look beautiful" he says leaning to gently kiss me. "thank you, you don't look too horrible yourself" i say playing with his tie.

all the champions from the triwizard tournament come in and do the first dance.

i was looking aimlessly about the hall and lock eyes with draco, his usual curtain hair had been put into a form of a combover but less gelled than a usual combover.

his suit made him look so much better than he usually did, he had the blazer off and draped over his arm, letting the white waistcoat be shown off.

he looks me up and down, his eyes floating over my cleavage for a few seconds, a smirk growing on his face.

i turn away to avoid my face heating up and look back at the dance, hoping adrian didn't notice the encounter.

he had his arm wrapped round mines and was holding my hand.

the first dance of the ball ends and everyone starts slow dancing to the music that was being played.

i lay my head on adrians chest and wrap my arms around his torso.

"i need a drink i'll be back" i say, letting go off him and walking to the table.

i grab a cup and pour some juice out and i feel a hand on the small of my back.

"you do look good, i think i underestimated you..." the voice says, i turn and see my face was only a few inches away from dracos.

"what the fuck" another voice says, i turn my head to see adrian.

"adrian- i swear to god it's not what it looks like" i stammer.

"no it's just that you're standing very close to that prick" he spits.

"no please listen" i plead.

"fuck off the both of you" he says walking away.

i turn to the table again and move away from draco.

"shit i'm sorry y/n. genuinely" draco says, "it's okay.." i say.

"it's not, i just made him break up with you" he softly says.

"oh well"

————————-

the rest of the night was spent with me dancing with my friends.

neville was comforting me the most, since he was the friendliest of my friends in a way.

when the night came to an end we went back to the dorm, we all went to bed to prepare for the last task that would take place the following day.

word count- 1163

a/n-

hey yall.

remember me?

ik its been ages lmfao

sorry

problems with my mental health etc.

sorry for the crappy end, i'm wanting year four done quickly, so i can get to the action yknow lads

lots of love,
                                                               molly xoxo