Episode 12

Reunion; Remembrance: The Feelings and Memories that Will Never Fade

A few minutes before it was five a.m. the morning after the hours of night ended not too long ago, Isamu met up with Lia, Yuta, Yamato and the others of the Long Island group (excluding Kunihiko) out in the streets right in front of the sports dining bar of the same name, and with the handsome man with black-hair, was a woman in her late thirties who still appeared to be over a decade younger in the looks department. The same woman was at least beautiful in appearance and had long black hair that flowed straight past her waist and dark blue eyes, and wore a black suit fitted for any female who was as slim as her.

Then, Isamu smiled lighty and introduced his partner. “Everyone, this is Nori Tanaka. She’s the one I mentioned hours ago during our meeting at the Kanzaki residence, and for those who may not know this, she is also an undercover agent for Seishin Academy like myself, as well as,” he glanced at the mangaka and brought up a small yet true piece of information, “the editor for Sophie-kun’s manga series, and has been with her since she began writing her literature novels.” The next thing everyone knew, he showed them a proud eye smile that was genuine, something that may have been the rarest sight anyone had ever seen from a grown man.

Yamato’s eyes widened as he stared at Lia’s father. His breath was taken away by such a beauty not every man in the world could ever be gifted with.

His smile… the auburn-haired man thought. It’s just like Mashiro’s. Or maybe, Mashiro’s smile is just like his. But how? Could he be someone who’s related to her? Then again, Lia doesn’t even have a single feature that matches her father, yet Mashiro’s eyes are the same color as his. Just who exactly… is Mr. Kurumada?

Yamato’s eyes lowered as he got deeper into his inner quiet place. Isamu Kurumada… Mashiro Tsuneha… No, wait. She’s technically Mashiro Kougami now, but she doesn’t even remember that we met each other and got married. But how are they connected, if there is something between them? I’m feeling a similar warmth just by comparing them in my head, and it makes me sad for some reason, like something could have happened to separate Mashiro and… Her father? But then… are they even… No, that couldn’t be, right? I mean, Kuni and Mashiro already said that her parents are dead.

And yet… I have a feeling that Kuni is hiding some far worse than the reality of Mashiro’s amnesia.

He had a serious expression and felt his own heart waver. Something… has to be missing in this puzzle, but… what? What could Kuni possibly be keeping from everyone? I have to get to the bottom of this, but I also need to get to Mashiro as fast as I can. What do I even do—what should I do? I don’t know anymore, but I’ll make sure to reunite with the love of my life, no matter what…!

“Yamato-kun,” Isamu smiled calmly, “are you listening?”

That was when Yamato jolted up a bit on the inside. “What? Huh… Oh, yeah. I guess.” He rubbed the back of his head.

Then, Nori giggled, placing her curled right hand near the side of her face. “He was actually teasing you. Don’t mind Isamu, though. We were all staring at your troubled expression after he noticed you were spacing out. Is something the matter, Yamato-san?”