Episode 8

The Desire to Convey These Feelings

          Days passed by since the night Mashiro was known to have lost her memories of Yamato and the days she spent as a normal young woman in the city she with her friends Sophie Kanzaki, Airi Hirabayashi, and Lia Kurumada. The four of them had recently moved there, with Lia being the latest and newest addition. Unfortunately, Mashiro did not have as much time to converse with the green-haired idol as much as she would had hoped to. In fact, the two were unable to say anything to each other because of this occurrence. It was also unknown how long the leader of the Seishin Academy Guardians was going to be separated from her comrades from their high school days, but at least Mashiro was safe with the rest of her affiliated team of fighters.

            Or so, the Long Island group assumed of them.

            As the Guardians were focused on monitoring some of their members, the females who were paying attention to the computer screens were also observing to find anything they could on Rose Blade, after tracking them down nights before. Then, one of the young women turned her head around just in time for Mashiro and Shuu (who was behind her) to arrive.

            “Leader! Commander Shuu! We have something to report on Rose Blade’s activities,” the young woman announced to the higher ranking officers.

            “What is it?” Mashiro inquired, devoting her focus to what was going on.

            The member looked back at her screen and replied with, “There are soldiers who are standing guard outside the area, but have yet to attack or patrol in search for any of our members, in case of suspicion. However, they haven’t moved much in quite some time now. Should we relay any orders to our members at this time?”

            “I don’t believe there’s any need of us to initiate an attack at the moment,” the fawn-haired superior answered firmly. “At a time like this, everyone should try to be as composed as possible so we can formulate a plan on what to do next. If I do remember, some of them are moving forward to trapping and catching Rose Blade’s soldiers off guard, are they not?”

            The other female member who was sitting next to the previous one nodded as she glanced at the leader. “Yes, Mashiro-sama.” Then, she looked back at her computer screen. “They are currently getting ready for an ambush against the opposing team. But we have not heard much from them.”

            Mashiro frowned with discontent after she heard the last sentence. “What are you doing? Contact them immediately, and check on their progress. We don’t want anything to happen to them at all costs! Do you hear me?”

            The girls were alert as with the others in the room who were inspecting the situation on Rose Blade. Even the men who were also in their seats were surprised by Mashiro’s firmness towards them.

            “Y-YES!!” the Seishin Guardians on duty quickly responded, calling in on their fellow allies to make certain of their conditions.

            Just like she was over four years ago, Mashiro’s leadership skills and personality did not change. Her top qualities had indeed returned to her entire being and remained intact. Shuu glanced at her and smiled with serene satisfaction. He truly appreciated the fact the fawn-haired girl did not falter in any way. Mashiro was the person the Seishin Guardians felt a profound respect for years, despite a bit of harshness on her part.

            That’s our leader, the brunet thought. Severe when she needs to be, but tries her best to be a good role model for our sakes. I knew she wouldn’t let us down, and I’m glad she chose to fight with us. That eagerness of Tsuneha-san’s to help the Guardians once more is a remarkable characteristic indeed.