Episode 7

An Emergency Becomes a Problem

          The day after Yamato and Mashiro’s dispute, Yamato wasn’t like himself. Well, his usual self, that was. Ever since Mashiro left, he had felt as though something inside of him had vanished or in other words, “died.” A sigh came out of the auburn-haired man’s mouth. Yup. It just wasn’t the same without Mashiro. The young woman who had the appearance of a never-aging high school girl was now out of his life. Of course, he had hoped that it would only be temporary as he lied on his bed for the first time since the day his wife came into his life. To be precise, they hadn’t even been married for a long time, yet he did some heart-wrenching things to chase her out of the home they shared together. And he finally received a depression for his broken core.

            Then out of nowhere, his home phone started to ring. He let it stay like that for a few seconds, but it only kept ringing. This signaled something that was probably important due to the fact it wouldn’t stop ringing. So, Yamato got out of bed (although he wasn’t too happy about it), and sped his pace up a teensy bit to the living room where the ringing came from. He went to the phone and picked it up as soon as he got there.

            “Hello?” he answered in his normal voice. He wasn’t sure who called him, but it must have been someone he knew or maybe an acquaintance of his.

            “Hey, Yamato!” the person on the other end beamed. It was a given right then and there that it was Kunihiko who was calling the auburn-haired physics teacher. “How’ve you been doing with Mashiro lately?”

            Hearing Mashiro’s name was what gave Yamato a push to reply to the bar owner’s harmless question. “Kuni… Please help me.” Yamato’s calm nature had turned into a plea. “I don’t know what to do anymore…”

            “Yamato? What’s wrong?” asked in a worried manner. He didn’t understand what Yamato went through yet, but he still cared enough to give a query. “If there’s something I can do to help, I need you to tell me.”

            Yamato’s voice continued to break. “I… I got into a fight with Mashiro yesterday. It was over something I kept from her, but in the end, Mashiro left and hasn’t come back to the apartment since then.” His eyes were filled with emotions and a determination to see Mashiro again. “Please help me find her, Kuni. I… I did something I shouldn’t have, but I want to make everything right again. Even though she’ll never forgive me for what I did, I want to be with Mashiro again.”

            Once he heard Yamato’s resolve to make up with Mashiro, Kunihiko smiled. “I see. First, I’ll need to gather everyone. But I’m requiring you to also take part in this, Yamato. If you truly want Mashiro to come back to your side, help me call the guys, along with Sophie and Airi. It shouldn’t be much of a hassle since those two are living with their beloveds, so let’s get to it and start the process right away.”

            Yamato nodded on his end of the conversation. “Yeah. Thanks, Kuni. I owe you a lot of for what you’ve been doing for me, but I hope I can repay you someday.”

            “Don’t mention it, Yamato. It’s because of you that I was able to do something for Mashiro in the first place, remember?” the purple-haired man reminded the former. “If it hadn’t been for your request to have someone pose as your wife, I might not have even thought of asking her to move in with you. But… I’m actually glad I did. I’m sure the two of you were truly meant to help each other, and I don’t have a second thought about it. So, make sure you tell her your true feelings when you finally make up, Yamato. I want to see… what you can do for her as a man and as a husband.”