Chapter 2

Yup, as you probably guessed, my ankle was completely sideways and my brother was panicking.

"Lee! It hurts so bad, does it look okay?" I screamed with extreme pain. Lee peered down to my sideways ankle and tried not to look frightened.

"Uhm... Nora... don't panic, but your ankle is not looking- uh, attractive," Lee said trying to describe my ankle without scaring me.

"Well, I'm not sure if it was ever attractive. Now please take me to the hospital!" I wined. I was still in shock and hysterically crying. Laying at the bottom of the narrow stairs wasn't the most comfortable place. I didn't think I had ever been in this much pain.

"I'm going to get help, maybe a neighbor will have a phone to call with," oh, right. We didn't have our phones with us because mom and dad assured us we wouldn't need them. I guess they didn't want us to be distracted from all the work. It would've been handy right about now.

After a few moments of Lee searching I heard him talking with someone outside. I couldn't really tell what they were saying, but it didn't sound like a child or adult. More like a teen boy around my age, well shit. This was certainly not how I wanted to meet this mysterious boy. I could hear footsteps coming inside the empty house and I quickly tried to look presentable. I probably broke my ankle because of him, so I might as well make the most of it. I couldn't see myself, but I already knew my eyes were red from crying and my hair was pushed back, damp with tears.

"Okay can I call anyone for you? do you know what happened?" His voice was smooth and flowed with ease. Unlike my brother's, which was high and squeaky, I couldn't blame him- he was only twelve I guess.

I looked up as they entered the room, my dark blonde hair had the strangest curl that poked right into my eye, but I didn't move it. I held my gaze with this mysteriously handsome boy. Yup, he was the same boy I saw walking. He smiled with one corner of his mouth. My jaw almost dropped. He had dark hair, either black or brown. His eyes were like Carmel. He was actually really tall, slender- I think, I couldn't really tell because of his hoodie.

"Well, my sister was going down the stairs and she was being her clumsy self and fell down them." Yeah, right. I almost told him to shut up, but soon closed my mouth remembering Mr. handsome was present.

"Lee, I am not clumsy." I was very flustered by his unnecessary comment. "I just happened to trip that's all- I was in a rush."

"Okay, whether she's clumsy or not- she still needs to go to the hospital." He already seemed kind. Kindness was always a deal breaker for me, even if I didn't always show it with my brother. It was important to me. I also maintained a rather innocent girl, or at least that's what everyone thought- but they didn't know what thoughts my mind held.

"Yes can we please go, it hurts really bad." I was beginning to feel impatient, but I couldn't take the pain any longer.

"Mom and dad are still out getting Chinese food, you will have to wait." Lee did have a point, I wasn't going to walk from here to the nearest hospital. That would be insane.

"Why wait, my older sister can drive you to the hospital." Thank goodness that hottie had a sister, because I was about to go insane with all the pain.

"That would be great," I said holding back tears from the pain. "That is if she's not busy?"

"Well she might not be done work till seven, shoot." He looked cute while he was thinking. He pushed his hair back and quickly texted someone- who I assumed was his sister. "She said she can't, but luckily the car is here." He smiled.

"You better stay here Lee, let your parents know, then they can meet your sister and I at the hospital." Wait what- I was going to be alone... with him... in his car... I just knew I was gonna fuck up.

"Hey whoever you are!" I shouted "can you, like help me out." Wow, I realized how dumb I really sounded and started to get red in the face.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I feel so stupid." He cradled his forehead in his palm before looking slightly embarrassed.

Before I knew it I was holding his shoulder and using him as a crutch. He was one adorable crutch.

"So what's your name, Lee's sister?" I let out a tiny laugh before responding.

"My name is Nora Bluhmfeild, I would shake your hand but- you know," I was very nervous and we were so close. I could feel his cool breath on my neck. He had minty gum and I secretly wanted some as well. Somehow he knew exactly where my waist was and his hand cradled it perfectly. I was getting a little carried away, I had so many crushes and none of them even knew I existed. If they did, they didn't get the hint I wanted to date them. I always felt like a second choice, just someone to flirt with.

"So, are you going to ask me my name or what?" He seemed so confident and I was sure this wasn't his first time with a girl.

"No, I was obviously just going to call you John." I said jokingly.

"How did you know my name?" Oh no did I just make fun of his name? This made me feel really stupid. "Just kidding, you should've seen the look on your face, haha." We both laughed.

"My name is Levi Hajnal. I know your already thinking my last name is strange- it is Hungarian."

"No, I don't think it's strange. I think it's neat how you pronounce it, John ." I added in the John jokingly of course.

We were now approaching the car. It was sort of sporty looking, it just had that look that's hard to explain. It must have been a newer Ford Mustang.