A Not So Nice Stranger

"If you want to go to mount Sagiri then you'll need to cross this mountain first... It's almost night though and you're both carrying huge bundles on your backs. It's really dangerous!" the woman that Tanjiro consulted informed, her tone worry ridden for the two young boys. Her own youngster staring up at the two with curiosity filled eyes

"We'll be extra careful." Y/n and Tanjiro assured the kind woman and bowed. "Thank you very much." And they left. After a few moments M/n got the itchy feeling of eyes on his back, and he looked behind him, only to see nobody there.

"Ne, Tanjiro-Chan?" the red-head stared at M/n. "Yes?" the s/c boy stared back at him. "Do you feel like someone is watching you from behind right now?" Tanjiro tilted his head at the inquiry. "No, not at all, why?"

"Never mind then. My mind must just be playing tricks on me...." M/n muttered and look back at the road ahead, only to be surprised and very flustered when a slightly calloused hand clasped his own, sending warmth tingling down his spine.

When M/n looked back at the road, Tanjiro saw the unease clouding in his glittering e/c-ocean eyes, and he instantly wanted to comfort him.

Tanjiro grasped M/n's hand in his own, reveling in the way the boy's very warm and slender hand fit perfectly in his, they turned their faces away, so they couldn't see each other's flaming cheeks, though the blush abruptly reached to the tips of their ears when the half n' half boy decided to gently squeeze the red-heads hand. 

Night quickly fell and the two boys let their siblings out of their baskets, who were silently thankful to be out of their cramped quarters. After a few more hours of ambling the four were greeted by the sight of a temple. "Look, a temple!" Tanjiro pointed out. "And there's light coming from inside! There must be people living there!" he claimed eagerly and jogged up to it, yanking Nezuko and M/n behind him, the latter feeling as if something wasn't right. 

Upon nearing the Temple his jog slowed down to a walk, then to a total stop. 

"The smell of blood..." he muttered. "The roads are dangerous; someone must have gotten hurt!" the red-head panicked and ran to the hut, letting go of M/n's and Nezuko's hands, slamming the door open. "Hello-!?" He stopped, eyes widening and face darkening with horror at what he saw. Bodies; littered across the floor, dismembered limbs leaking pools of crimson. A demon sat crouched in the middle of the mess and was in the process of feasting on one of the bodies severed limbs.

"What..?" the demon grumbled, turning around to face the children. "Hey... this is my territory... I wont forgive you if you trespass on my feeding grounds..." he growled, his razor teeth bloodstained and chartreuse yellow eyes gleaming with malice.

M/n, despite the situation, was confused. The demon had illuminated turquoise butterflies fluttering slowly around him, butterflies landing on his bloody wrists for a moment then fluttering somewhere else, luminescent dust trailing behind them. M/n remembered the butterflies, he had seen them around the elderly townsfolk, he had seen them around his father a week before he had died, he had seen them around his mother two weeks before she died. It was only him that could ever see them.

Yet he never figured out what they meant, he was an idiot like that. 

Nezuko and Mika silently stared...at the corpses, saliva pooling in their mouths and dripping down their chins to the ground, Nezuko grabbed Mika's sleeve harshly because he wasn't wearing a muzzle. Rose-pink and ice eyes quivered as they did their best to tear their hungry gazes away from the pile of corpses in front of them, the delectably intoxicating arouma of fresh blood ensuing an internal battle between their humanity and demonic nature.

"Eh..?" the demon spoke again. "You four seem strange. Are you human?" he asked, his eyes narrowing. He didn't give Tanjiro and M/n a chance to explain themselves. He leapt on them and smacked M/n away, the boy giving a cry of pain as he tumbled across the dirt, a rock jabbing into his already cracked ribs. 

The red head quickly sliced the demons neck using the hatchet. The demon stumbled back, blood spurting out of his wound. "Hah... a hatchet... not bad..." he cackled. "But trifling little wounds like these will heal almost immediately." with a disgusting squelch the wound healed itself. "You see? The bleeding already stopped." the demon cockily showed.

  Nezuko and Mika hadn't taken their eyes off the bodies for more than a second, staring at the human carcasses, the blood glimmering in the light of the moon. They sent side-glances at each other. Their panting labored and ragged with their willpower being tested again.

Meanwhile, the demon tackled Tanjiro to the ground. "I'm not going to get chopped a second time..." the demon smirked cockily. "And now I'm going to break your head off of your neck-" he was cut off midsentence when the combined forces of Mika and Nezuko kicked his head off. It bounced against a tree with a wet splat and thump. The body limply fell onto Tanjiro, who disgustedly shoved it off of him.

"Nezuko... Mikæla..." Tanjiro muttered, not realizing the headless demon had risen it's arm to grab him, but Nezuko kicked him away again. "How... how is he still moving?!" the boy exclaimed in horror. The body skidded across the ground, flinging up large amounts of dust.

M/n heard the enraged muffled screams of the demon but stayed still, lying on his back trying to catch his breath, his eyes squeezed shut in pain. "Get up." he heard the voice of a male in his ear. His eyes snapped open, e/c-blue eyes clashing with familiar red ones. "I said get up."