Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Changes

I went downstairs the next morning and found everyone sitting at the kitchen table. I eyed them curiously. “Mum’s pregnant again,” Ariel said loudly.

My eyes brightened. “Really, Mum? I’m so happy for you.” She smiled, clearly happy.

Ariel had a devious smile upon his face. “Maybe now I can get some sleep,” he whispered, so only I could here him. “There is way too much action going on in that room.” I busted out in giggles. Mum eyed my cautiously.

“What did I miss,” she asked.

I covered my mouth, willing the giddiness away. “Nothing much. Just Ari, here being funny.”

“Do I get to hear the joke,” she asked.

I looked at Dad, who threw Ariel a dirty look. “Nothing. Just kids being silly,” he said. Mum let it go. Ariel and I made our way to the car and waited for Dad. I was in a good mood until we reached the school. Usually there was someone there waiting for me at the gates. Guess it was time for changes, I thought mentally.

I went straight to Abigail’s office, but no one was in there. I wrote a note, knowing she would find it later on.

Gran Abby,

I’m sorry for how I have acted and I promise there will be changes. I know that being Princess is a huge responsibility and it is time that I started acting like it. I’m sorry and I love you. I will be attending the Student Council meeting after school.

Love your Granddaughter, Blakey.

I skipped my way to my locker, where I saw Megan waiting with Dante. “Hey,” I greeted. She broke away from her embrace with Dante. “Sorry for how I acted yesterday. That was wrong of me,” I said to Megan, not looking at her, instead paying attention to the books in my locker.

“I’m sorry, too. For snapping out. I should have known you didn’t like Dante. You don’t like anyone.” How generous of her to apologize. But she was wrong. It’s not that I didn’t like people, it was just people expected from me where I had nothing to give.

“Yeah, sure,” I said. I turned to go when I saw Liam out of the corner of my eye rushing towards me. He reached where I was standing and picked me right off of the ground. I smiled, loving that one McCord boy still cared for me. 

“I have got a date,” Liam announced. My happiness faltered. “Taylor asked me just like five seconds ago.”

I patted his chest. “That is excellent news,” I said, lying. It bothered me that Liam already moved on. 

I looked up at Liam and noticed that his face dropped. “I was hoping that you wouldn’t say that.”

I frowned slightly. “Why?” I asked.

He looked down at me. “Because that would mean you wouldn’t care if I said yes,” he said.

I smiled. “Good, because I didn’t mean it.”

He grinned hugely. “Good,” he said. “because of course, I told her no.” I smiled up at him. He bent down and kissed me. When we separated he looked over to where Megan and Dante were still standing. “I know I’m not him. And I know that you don’t love me like you do him. But you could fall in love with me and I’m hoping for that.” I smiled shyly, loving the way his words sounded. He kissed me once more. “Would it be okay if I walked you to class?”

I nodded. “Of course,” I told him. He twined our hands together and walked beside me until we reached my first class. He smiled, and then turned to me. “Sorry to say this, but I have to leave you.” I pouted dramatically. He bent down and I felt his lips against mine. I pulled him closer and kissed him softly. His lips fitted with mine. He tried to pull back, but I wouldn’t let him. Finally, I did. “You know I love you, too,” I whispered as his lips were inches from mine.