Chapter 16

Chapter 16: All That Matters

"Okay, you can open your eyes now," Dante said. After we left Adam's, Dante told me to close my eyes and not open them until he said so. 

I finally opened my eyes. I saw nothing but trees and flowers. We were in a meadow. "Why are we here," I asked him skeptically. 

He grinned. "Does there always have to be reason for everything?" I just looked at him. "Of course there does," he mumbled. I smiled, studying him. I couldn't help but worrying about after today. Why did everything have to be so difficult? Why couldn't I just stay with Dante like this forever? 

Dante ripped me apart from my trouble thoughts. "Please," he whispered. His tone was like one I never heard from him. "Stop," he said at the same level. 

I looked into his eyes. I instantly felt guilty. All I thought about was me. I never once stopped and wondered how he felt. I gave him a small smile. "I'm sorry."

He kissed my forehead, his lips lingering. I smiled. "Come on," he said abruptly, pulling me along with him, our hands intertwined. 

"Where are we going," I wondered.

Dante didn't answer. My interest got the best of me. I halted and heard him sigh. "Fine," he muttered.

I waited for him. "You're a Princess. Not Princess of the Unborn. And not my Princess, either. You're just a Princess. That's the best I can explain it. And with a Princess comes a lot of other things." I smiled and he paused. He led me further into the meadow, still doing his "Princess" speech. 

"With Princesses come many things. Wicked people. Those who we should not mention this day." I gasped, but he still led me. Because right in front of us was a palce, a castle. It was bigger than Cinderella's. It was bigger than Versailles in Europe. Dante led me into it and I was in awe. "And of course there is the palace. He led me up the stairwell and soon we reached the bedroom that was as big as my whole house. "Last, definitely not least, the Princess," he stopped, whirled around and brought me closer to him. "has to have her Prince Charming.

I smiled timidly and smiled up at him. I kissed his lips.

"Are you trying to seduce me," I asked breathlessly.

He seemed offended and let go his hold of me. "Of course not," he said, his voice growing serious. 

I meant it as a joke. "I'm sorry," I whispered.

"It's okay," he said. "I should just be able to take a joke." He smiled and kissed me quickly again. "There are clothes on the bed and the shower is right throught that door," he said, pointing in the direction of a door.

Without another word, I went to take a shower, leaving Dante there alone. I turned on the shower, and stepped in the scolding water.

Dante was in the bed, his eyes closed, when I came out of the bathroom. I crawled in next to him. He smiled as I nuzzled his neck. 'Blake-Lynn," he murmured. "Dante," I said in the same tone of voice. He didn't reply. I layed my head upon his chest. "Dante," I said again. "Shhhhh. I'm savoring the moment."

I smiled. I kissed his lips, even though his eyes were still closed. I tugged at the bottom of his shirt. His lips mumbled a protest, but I stopped him. "Shhhh. I'm savouring the moment," I said grinning. 

He let his shirt go off. I stroked his chest. He was ripped, literally. He put those stupid conceited guys from that show Jersey Shore to shame. My lips found his and in the heat of the moment, I got lost in him. He kissed me back. His kisses varied. Hungry and intense. Then, he would kiss me softly and passionately. 

I clenched my hands at the back of his neck as our bodies grew entangled. I got lost in the moment. But I wanted more. However, Dante pulled back. And I recieved the time to make my breathing steady. I leaned back in for a kiss. Dante stopped me. "No," he said firmly. "What," I asked innocently looking him in the eyes. He was no longer the type to play games. "You know what."

I settled back down, still laying my hands on his chest. I hooked my leg between both of his. I saw him bite his lip in temptation.

"Blake-Lynn," he whispered through clenched teeth.

"Hi," I said giggling.

"I mean it," he told me.

"And so did I," I replied.

He pushed me away. "We are not doing this."

This time I pushed him away. "Fine."

"You're mad," he stated.

"Whatever," I chimed in.

He pulled me closer to him. reluctantly, I allowed him. "Let me explain something to you. I want to. You have no idea how bad I want to. But I won't and neither will you. At least not with me. If we were to do this, it would be just cause we're scared and not because we're in love." he paused, stroking my hair. "There will come a time when we won't be scared anymore. But, it will be after everything is over." He didn't say what because I already knew. 

He quit talking and I didn't say anything either. then, I finally did. "So it's not because I'm ugly?"

He laughed. I was taken aback at the sound. He never did this often. I have heard him laugh before. When he was with other girls. This laugh had just proven everything. He wasn't really happy with any of those girls. He was genuinely happy with me for some inane reason.

"No. definitely not," he answered, kissing me, on our last day of being together.

My thoughts took a turn for the worse. This was goodbye. This was the last of me and Dante. This was the last of all that mattered.