Chapter Two

After we film, JC goes out to dinner with Kian. "I'll eat here," I lie with a smile. He smiles back, unknowing. As soon as Kian texts me that they're bringing me leftovers, I have to pretend I ate. I grab a yogurt and a granola bar and toss the yogurt down the sink, and give the granola bar to Wishbone. I throw away the trash, and as soon as they walk in, "I ate already." I lie and smile. Kian gives me a hug. "How've you been?" He whispers. "Good." I lie. "I'm fine." I let go, and JC stands there, his head tilted to the side, obviously confused. "Wha-" he says. "Nothing." Kian and I say. JC just shrugs. I pick up Wishbone, and JC goes into the bathroom. "What did you eat?" Kian says, his arms crossed. "A granola bar and some yogurt." I say, crossing my arms back. "You need to tell him." Kian says, his voice rising. "Tell me what?" Asks JC as he dries his hands on his pants. "What does she need to tell me?" I look at Kian and then JC. "I'm...I'm...anorexic." JC looks at me, then Kian. "Amber," JC says, hugging me. "Why?" He asks. "I'm fat!" I yell. "And worthless." I raise my sleves, and show my scars. "And depressed. And I cut." JC stands before me in awe. "Amber," he drops to his knees. "You're beautiful," he pauses. "And smart." I look from Kian to JC. "Not really." I say, "And I'm suicidal."