Chapter 6 || Good Luck

TW// slight mention of suicide!
———
A small space between the curtains allowed the intruding sun rays to pierce into your eyelids. You grunted in discomfort, right after that a shrill sound filled your ears, causing you to groan in annoyance. Sitting up in your bed, you slammed your hand down onto your alarm clock. Grumbling angry words to yourself as you rubbed your eyes, you immediately remembered. You had a job.

That's why the alarm went off, you usually never have an alarm. You turned to look at the time, 8:56 am.

Your eyes widened, four minutes to get ready?! You scrambled out of your bed, pushing the blanket to the side, and slipping into the bathroom. After doing your usual bathroom routine, you ran back out of the bathroom and went to your closet. Pulling out several outfits in a hurry.

You decided to wear a muted blue, silk, button-up shirt, with a black tie around your neck and under the collar of your shirt. Some high waisted, black pants, and a pair of black basic shoes. Underneath your shirt you wore a silver necklace with a clock charm attached to it.

You quickly reached for the black handbag, which had your daily objects in it. You quickly opened the door, locked it behind you, and then you were off.

Stumbling into the office, you panted audibly and huffed angrily. Yasano peeked her head out from around the corner.

"[Y/N]!" Yasano beamed.

"Hi." You sighed and looked at her.

"I have some good news! You got your own part of the office like the rest of us!"

Yasano announced to you, grinning wildly and placing her hands on your shoulders.

"Good luck."

She said quietly, her smile now turning into a nervous one.

"Hold on what do you mean good luck?"

She laughed nervously "Well," she started off "You're stuck with a certain someone."

You cocked an eyebrow at her, gesturing for her to keep talking.

"Dazai."

Automatically a two letter word rolled off your tongue.

"No."

Yasano laughed softly, waving her hand dismissively.

"Like I said good luck! Oh, and if you're ever hurt, come right over!"

Kunikida walked over once Yasano left, you were stood in disbelief, and utter annoyance. Why was this some kind of movie where the main character was paired with the one they hate?

You groaned irritably, scratching your neck gently letting out a 'tsk' as you did so. Kunikida looked at you with a sigh, but before he could say anything, you heard a loud shriek coming from a room.

"Dazai-San!"

Both yours and Kunikida's snapped in the direction of the shriek. Rushing over the two of you almost trampled over each other. Once you saw the sight, your eyes widened, your pupils shrinking as your mouth was left open. A rope was hung from the ceiling, as your eyes slowly trailed down the rope you saw a knot then a head. No, not just any head. Dazai's head. The brunette had a look of determination on his face as he struggled to kick the chair away.

You grabbed the knife that was with Ranpo's meal and threw it right at the rope, ripping it and causing the male to fall right on the chair, lose his balance, and fall over with the chair.

"[Y/N]-chan!~"

Dazai whined desperately huffing in annoyance.

"What do you think you're doing?! Are you trying to give everyone here a heart attack?"

You stormed over, grabbing him by his collar and pulling him off the ground, your noses inches apart. Your furious [E/C] eyes representing a raging, roaring flame. His brown eyes only stared back at yours, as tranquil as an ocean on a clear day.

"So you do care."

The words tumbled from his mouth, barely above a hushed whisper, a large smirk etched onto his undeniably handsome features. Your eyes widened even more, this time in absolute vexation. Everyone could practically hear the glass of your sanity shatter.

"I would bash your head onto your desk repeatedly until you break your nose."

"How romantic."

Ranpo only watched in amusement. You two balanced each other out perfectly in his eyes, so what went wrong? Ah, right. Dazai's first impression. However, he did sense you didn't completely despise Dazai's guts. Kunikida was watching in confusion, while Atsushi let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding.

"Now are you planning to kiss me, or will you let me go?"

Dazai asked smugly, you growled in response, letting the hands that were once clenched around his collar to let go of the male, and let him harshly hit the ground.

"In your dreams."

You snorted, as the male yelped, but he looked up at you and hummed happily.

"Well you're not exactly wrong."

"Would you shut up?!"

As you scowled and angrily raged at Dazai, while he came back with arrogant responses, Ranpo and Kunikida watched the two of you. Something about the two of you left everyone perplexed. Ranpo on the other hand laughed softly, pushing up his glasses. Kunikida looked at him in confusion, not understanding what he was laughing at. The two of you now just background noise to the two. Ranpo only looked up at Kunikida, opening his once closed eyes. His emerald green eyes stared up at Kunikida. Glints of mischief and anticipation practically filled his eyes. A smile of prolepsis formed across his lips in pure exhilaration. The only words that made their way out of his mouth were.

"Those two have a long journey ahead of them."

"What does that mean?"

Kunikida pressed on, curious as to what Ranpo had just said.

"You'll find out soon enough."

"Huh?"

With that, Ranpo turned away from Kunikida, his jacket swirling majestically behind him. Kunikida was left dumbfounded. Slowly, the sound of you and Dazai's arguing became more audible to Kunikida. The blonde's eye twitched. He slammed his hands on to the table, stood up aggressively and yelled seven words.

"WOULD YOU TWO GET TO WORK ALREADY?"