Chapter 3 || The Question

Dazai Osamu.
That was his name.

You looked at Dazai with a smile, tilting your head to the side ever so slightly. Your [H/C] hair rocking back and forth from the sudden movement.

"Well then, Dazai, I am [Y/N] [L/N]."

Dazai's smile only seemed to widen, his mischievous eyes glinting even more.

"The famous [Y/N]?"

You blinked curiously, realization hit you like a brick.

"Who exactly are you, Dazai Osamu?"

You said slowly, placing the cup of coffee on the table in a sluggish manner.

"I, Osamu Dazai, work at the Armed Detective Agency."

Your stomach sank. You were about to activate your ability to reverse time, raising your arm slowly. His hand wrapped around your arm.

"I'm afraid that little trick won't work on me!" He smiled childishly.

Your [E/C] eyes widened in pure terror, the Armed Detective Agency. This was not something you wanted to happen.

"I need to leave."

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. Snatching your arm away from his hand, you stepped away.

"Oh? So soon? How about this, I know you're searching for a job, and I think I can help you with that!"

Dazai grinned, lifting up a finger confidently.

"What kind of job?"

You really were searching for a job, but you didn't know if you could trust this man that suddenly hopped into your life so easily.

"That I can't answer out loud, but there may be a test, [Y/N] can you read and write?"

Dazai questioned seriously, his eyes going slightly dull, the playful mood leaving his aura completely.

"Uhm, yeah?"

"Then you're good to go! Follow me!"

He said "follow" not "get dragged by me" but obviously he meant drag, since he grabbed your hand and hauled you after him.

You ended up standing in a flower field. This confused you a lot, and you didn't understand what the heck is going on.

"Right, so how do I get a job here?"

Dazai was about to respond before we heard the sound of gunshots.

"Uh oh."

"What do you mean uh oh?"

Your eyes widened as you saw the people approach, you took a step back when you noticed it was Chuuya Nakahara leading them in a car, and a bunch of cars following him with armed men in them.

"What the hell, Dazai?!"

Dazai only had a blank stare in his eyes, this guy was mental.

"Oh Chu-uuuu-yaaaa!~"

Dazai said in a sing-song voice, teasing the ginger, bending down slightly and putting his hands beside his mouth to make sure he heard him.

"What are you doing?!"

You hissed, grabbing him by the collar and throwing him behind a tree, and quickly following him after, the sound of gunshots following the two of you.

You took a deep breath, peeking your head from behind the tree trunk, activating your ability which froze time. Everything froze except Dazai of course, he was still moving.

———
You can play the song on the second slide now! :D
———

"Go back to the Armed Detective Agency, I do not want to work there, I work alone."

Dazai only seemed to grin wildly at this, causing you to roll your eyes and scoff in response. Walking over to the armed men, you sighed.

"Let's see how you deal with bullets."

You walked over, rolling up your sleeves. Slickly moving between the armed men, changing their guns directions to point at each other, humming a gentle tune to yourself.

If Dazai was being honest, this did not look like a battle field, but instead it looked like a puppet play, and you were the puppeteer, pulling on their strings changing their movements and direction. Not only that, but your movements were so intoxicating. You moved around like a princess in the middle of a ball.

His brown eyes watched your movements carefully, studying you, his eyes narrowing slightly, predicting you next movements, and as always his predictions were correct.

Once the men's guns were pointed to each other's heads, you allowed a vicious smile to form across your lips. With one motion of your hand, time started again and the men shot each other, the bullet going perfectly between their eyes. In an instant, all of them were at the floor, pools of blood spluttering out of their heads.

"What a mess, if you were going die, could you maybe not cause a mess?"

You rolled your eyes, you were stood in the middle of them all, your back facing an all too familiar ginger. Chuuya was baffled, he tried to stop his facial expressions from shifting but he couldn't help it. You were something the world was not ready to see. That was why Mori wanted you in the Port Mafia.

You turned your head to the side ever so slightly, a small sigh escaping your lips, opening your once closed eyes, your [E/C] colored eyes meeting the harsh, steel blue tinted with grey eyes.

"I think you should go before I regret letting you live."

Your eyes were dull, intimidating even. Chuuya gulped silently, his eyes narrowing. He scowled aggressively, scoffing gently.

"I'd like you to know that this won't be the last time you see me."

Chuuya allowed a smile to tug in his lips, his famous challenging smile. You nodded knowingly, a small pout forming on your lips.

"I know that, and I must say you are a formidable foe." You stated seriously, nodding.

Chuuya let out a small 'tch.' From between his teeth. Rolling his eyes, he walked off his coat flowing behind him because of the cold wind rushing into it.

You dusted your hands, walking past where Dazai was, avoiding the scattered pools of blood.

"Wait!"

You heard a voice call, your ears perked once again, turning around you saw the familiar brunette waving his hand in the air frantically.

You cocked an eyebrow in his direction, your eyes looking deeply into his since the two of you were now face to face.

"Does this mean you'll join the Armed Detective Agency?"