Chapter 10

Kageyama and Hinata went into town. They passed by Kageyama's house, leaving both of their bikes there so they wouldn't need to bring them everywhere today. They walked around town, passing Ukai's store, their old school, and other places full of memories they could recall together.

It wasn't long before the two felt hungry. They went to their favorite cafe, one where Yachi would tutor the boys often, and had some dinner before going to the park.

As they were walking, Kageyama suddenly stopped. Hinata turned around, wondering what was wrong only for his eyes to be covered.

"What are you doing Bakayama?!"

"Shh! Your gonna make someone think I'm trying to kidnap you!"

"Maybe I think you're trying to kidnap me!"

He felt Kageyama give him a light kiss on the tip of his nose. "I just prepared something for you. I want to be able to see your reaction. Please?"

Hinata nodded. Kageyama planned something? Normally Hinata was the one to surprise Kageyama, so the change of roles was a bit of a shock.

He was led down what he figured was a dirt path and Kageyama helped him to sit down. He figured he was sitting on a brick wall that surrounded one of the trees, where Hinata would bring him for picnics during the summer. It was the only tree like that in the whole park, and it made it special, so Hinata liked to visit it often with Kageyama over the years.

He heard the sound of foot steps as Kageyama back away, flicking something and then saying "You can take it off now."

Hinata did and was surprised at the sight. The tree was lit up with small, white lights and it gave a warm feeling. He could see Kageyama's shadow, quite a ways into the shadows.

"You did this for me?!" He said asking the silhouette. He was so happy, and it was pretty. He loved the tree, but soon wondered why Kageyama wanted to put this much effort into decorating it.

"I wanted it to be special for you," he answered, starting to approach him in the light, hands in his pocket. He stopped next to a battery generator, which was probably keeping the lights on, and turned on a radio.

Kageyama held out his arms as Elvis Presley starts singing Can't Help Falling in Love. Hinata immediately jumps up, tears of joy threatening to spill. They danced together for a while, until they grew tired and sat down on the bricks.

"You know, I'm going to miss having these nights where we can do as we want, not caring about what others say," Kageyama confessed, holding Hinata close to his side and tracing patterns onto his far arm.

"Me too. Whenever we get to be in the same town, we should definitely meet up, at least for a few hours" Hinata replied, making both boys smile.

Kageyama reached into his far pocket, and got up, kneeling in front of Hinata. "If this is to make fun of my height, it's not really funny," Hinata said, laughing, regardless of what he had just said. His boyfriend only shook his head with a smile and took his hand.

"I promise. No matter how far apart we may be, that doesn't matter. You had friends from other schools, but you spoke to them on the phone, or you would meet up when you were both free and in town. We can do that too. I love you Hinata, and I promise to never stop loving you."

Kageyama pulled a promise ring out of his pocket, showing it to Hinata. "Please Shoyo, let me promise you that I will always be here for you."

This time, there was no threatening

This time, there was no threatening. The tears came straight out. "Yes! Of course, Baka. I couldn't ask for any more then this." Kageyama smiled and slipped then ring on his finger before Hinata jumped in his arms. He reached in Kageyama's pocket, finding the matching ring and placing it on his partners finger.

"Thank you. Now everyone will know that your my Baka," Hinata whispered. Holding his boyfriend tight. Wherever life would take them, their love would still be there, and they will do whatever it takes to be there for each other from then on.

__________________

Thank you so much for reading my second fanfic! I lost creativity towards the end, sorry, but this is one of many ideas I have in mind.

Feel free to check out my channel to read my first story, or take a look at any other fanfics I make in the future. I am always open to suggestions, and I love hearing what you guys think!

Hope to see you in another story, but thank you for your time, and goodbye for now!

Until next time,
Aiko