Chapter 13: What She Wants

Sirens.

The deafening wails of the city ambulance entered her uncaring ears. All of her senses were dead set on the laboring breaths of a man who crawled his way on the concrete; he knew, however, his efforts of running away were completely useless.

There was a pungent smell lingering in the air; a dull, metallic scent coming from the puddle of dark crimson (almost black) that bloomed from where his limbs were once attached to.

The girl who observed him giggled, amused at the worm-like movements he made.

"Cute." She quietly muttered.

"P-please! I won't d-do it again!! I p-promise!!"

The man faced her with a horrified expression — or at least tried to. His once attractive face long had turned noseless and full of cuts, contorting into something that doesn't even seem human anymore. The view made the girl break into a fit of laughter, clutching her stomach and gleefully celebrating her masterpiece. It was a sight for Chaewon to see him with only his fingerless hands, shins missing as she had amputated his limbs bit by bit minutes ago.

"Please!! I beg of you!"

She wordlessly looked to her left where an almost lifeless body of a woman full of black and blue bruises laid bare before once again smiling sweetly at the man who looked at her as if she was but a monster...

...he wasn't that far off about that.

"I'll never d-do it again!"

"You won't?" There was a hint of disappointment laced in her honey-sweet voice that many people would love to drown themselves into before it was replaced by an alarmingly silent laugh. "That literally sounds like a drug addict claiming that they will never get high again while snorting three lines of cocaine."

"I w-will change! Please! I have a f-family!!"

"Oh wait, you do?" Chaewon raised her eyebrows and showed surprise — feigned surprise but a low roar of laughter shortly rolled out of her throat, giving off an ominous air around her.

"The last time I checked, you had a family."

"W-what do you—"

"It was before you made them into your own playthings... you..." Chaewon smiled yet her glitterless eyes said otherwise. It seemed eerily black and empty. "...you gouged out the rare eyes of your twins and put them in a jar as a decoration because you loved how blue seemed to bloom from the center of their brown irises. Their skin was reduced to leather, innards put in a stew that you ate with your new wife — or should I say, new victim??"

"How did you—!!"

The girl cut him off with a glare, harshly pressing her foot against his detestable back. She peered at him as if he was nothing but trash before she continued with a tone so deep and menacing that the guy could only shudder in fear. "Meanwhile, you made the mother of your children a shadow of what she once was, a beauty who was adored by everyone who sees her. A beautiful statue... of a well-preserved human inside a freezer. You love beautiful things. Don't you, Carver?"

"You fucking bitch!!" At his infamous alias, his face then morphed into an ugly goblin-like expression, bloodied skin wrinkled in displeasure while growling at her like a cornered rabid dog.

"Aha! Now you're back to normal."

It hissed. It reminded Chaewon of how repulsive and inhumane humans could be that you would start thinking they're just mindless animals driven by their desire to kill others.