Chapter 9: Battle Of

Chaewon thought back of the time when Minjoo had embraced her tight after making her wake up from a dreadful nightmare, how the younger girl's kind voice had easily pulled her out of the hell she got holed up in while asleep, how Minjoo's hands held her as if she was the most fragile being in the world, the reassuring smile she gave and the warmth of her touch that only she could give to Chaewon.

Chaewon pondered. Perhaps meeting the girl was heaven itself, that heaven is indeed a place on earth with someone you treasure the most.

"I don't want to burden you guys with killing me so let me die on my own volition." It was an easy answer. If you ask her, if dying means saving someone she loves, she definitely wouldn't mind it, definitely not if it's for Minjoo. "I choose to die."

The woman in front of her paused from Chaewon's resolute voice as she failed to hear a hint of ambivalence and wavering. "Is that... really your final answer? There's no turning back."

"Yes." Chaewon definitely doesn't want her savior to die for the second time.

The older closed her eyes in understanding. She could see why the four of Luna spoke highly of the girl in front of her. "You will not have a second chance."

"I'm sure of my decision. Thinking about it, my life just got extended so I should be thankful. I was supposed to die that day but they saved me and was given enough time to enjoy myself with someone as kind as Minjoo, Chaeyeon-unnie, and Sakura-unnie. I think I can die peacefully now." The glimmer in Chaewon's eyes flickered. "I do feel a bit bad about my family and friends, though." An empty laugh came out from her throat.

"Do you wish to write them a letter?"

"You mean write a suicide letter?"

"...yes? Well, not necessarily a suicide one but rather, it would be better if you wrote one for running away."

"Running away? I see, so you don't plan on giving them my body." A corner of Chaewon's lips faintly tugged upwards. "So what's gonna happen to my corpse, then?"

"That, I can't answer."

"A letter for my disappearance huh..." Chaewon frowned as she considered the thought, not minding the tears which were pooling in her eyes threatening to cascade down her cheeks.

"We'll give you enough space so you can write in peace." The woman's stare slightly softened. "I'll give you fifteen minutes."

"I see, thank you."

Not quite far from the spectacle, three kneeling figures inside a room were watching the actions of the young girl in disbelief and confusion as their hands and feet were tied behind them.

"Was that really Chaewon I was seeing earlier?" The one with the short-hair muttered in shock.

"Minjoo...??" The person at the center gently but questioningly called the girl beside her.

"...it's the first time I've seen her like this."

They were expecting her to get disturbed at Chaewon's action but Minjoo's curious yet affectionate and longing gaze only made the two sigh in unison.

"You're so..." Sakura stopped at her words.

"Hmm?"

"Nothing."

"Want me to continue what she wanted to say? You're so in love with an emotionally unstable girl. Who would've thought she's a psycho? She's just crazy." Chaeyeon frankly told Minjoo but her tone mixed with playfulness. Earning an annoyed kick to her side from her girlfriend, Chaeyeon fell down on the floor.