Chapter 6: Sorry

A slender figure in a black hoodie stealthily jumped over the two-meter tall and heavily guarded fence, landing on a concrete floor with a soft and almost soundless thud. Like a cat, she proceeded to move around with little to no noise inside the gigantic and extravagant garden before her. To be frank, she was quite taken aback. Seeing the real thing despite staring at its layout on a blueprint for hours still felt extremely different. Indeed, it showed how many dozens of hectares her home is but it was simply overwhelming seeing how much it flaunts the wealth of the family who owns the area.

The girl sighed before shaking her head.

It took her almost half an hour to finish treading around the massive expanse of greens before arriving in front of the white mansion — or maybe it could be considered a castle due to its size. She circled around near the unending lush bushes and trees to hide from the burly guards and although the security cameras were thankfully already tampered by a certain friend she still decided to try to evade them as well. Surveying around the place, she tried to scan the structure while looking for a certain balcony with open lights and pleasant mint-colored curtains. She effortlessly parkoured her way up to the walls of the room in order to reach the balcony of her muse on the third floor as if her body was but cotton from the lightness of every movement.

The girl stopped on her track as she heard the muffled melody of an almost ominous-sounding piano piece coming from the room. The familiar song made her heart feel heavier and pained by the second and before she knew it, she was already trying to stop the silent tears which were threatening to escape from her eyes. She couldn't move her body as she drowned in her swirling emotions heavily mixed with the anxiety due to the unknown future that the girl she came for holds.

She was able to perceive the overflowing wrath and sadness as opposed to the usual use of fear and sorrow by other professionals she had heard from somewhere who played the same piece. Chaewon is able to channel her raw emotions by simply pressing the keys in expertise and it made Minjoo shudder.

She felt suffocated by the peaceful yet seething anger Chaewon was showing as if she was being strangled by the girl.

The pink-haired girl felt conflicted. She doesn't know where those emotions are coming from but she knows that it's real and it's deeply rooted in the older girl's heart as if the music is her way of showing what's inside her.

She wondered.

Maybe she knows...

When the last notes echoed, Minjoo finally let out the breath she instinctively held in without knowing. She closed her eyes and composed herself, wiping the stream of warm tears that betrayed her. It didn't take long for her to finally calm down before she gently knocked on the windowpane of the room. "Ch-Chaewon-unnie?"

There was silence for a few seconds — it felt so dreadfully slow as if it took hours for the younger girl.

"Minjoo?" A sweet voice from inside called out weakly.

"I'm here, unnie."

Chaewon pressed the button to move the curtains away which covered the entirety of her door and windows, exposing the unbelievably spacious bedroom. She walked towards the door, trying to look for the beauty who owns the kind voice she heard outside her balcony.

"Hey." She smiled as she opened the door.

Minjoo forced a smile to mask her murky emotions. "Hey, unnie."

"Are you okay? You look pale."

"Oh. I'm fine, unnie."

"You sure?"