Chapter Eight

Why? Why was I behaving like that? What was wrong with me? I sighed as we arrived at the dining pavilion.
"Everything alright?" Nico asked.
"Yeah, I was just... thinking about something," I answered.
He nodded and turned to go to his table. "Oh no, don't even think about it, di Angelo. You're sitting with me!" I said.
"Have you lost your last few brain cells? That's against the camp rules!"
My ears turned suspiciously warm again. "It'll be alright. Now come on."
He raised an eyebrow, but I didn't care. We sat down at the Apollo table and Nico immediately said: „Sorry guys, I know it's not nice having me here. But Will forced me to. I know most of you are afraid of me but I promise, I won't... kill you or anything."
At that moment, the Apollo table was quieter than it ever had been in all those years I had been at camp. "I... dude. I really expected you to say anything – except for that," Austin, one of my brothers said. "I always thought you were super freaky. But I just decided that you're gonna be my bro and you can't do anything against it."
And then something happened that I'd always thought would be impossible. Nico smiled. It was an honest, real smile. Of course, my sister Kayla (my baby girl, I mean, she has fucking green hair) had to ruin the moment. She cleared her throat and said: "Our bro, sweetheart, our bro." The whole table started to giggle and it probably never would have stopped if Percy Jackson didn't come over and tapped Nico on the shoulder.
"I think we need to talk."
Nico looked as if someone had told him that black wasn't his color. (Which was absolutely not true, by the way. No one was rocking the e-boy style more than Nico di Angelo.) "Of course," Nico said. He looked at me. "I'll be right back. Don't eat all the food," he said and stood up to follow Percy Jackson.
———————————————————————————————————————————————
Hey guys, here I am again! I just wanted to say that please, please share your headcanons and ideas with me! I love nothing more than reading the ideas of other people.