Prologue

It all started after the events of Sonic and the Black Knight and before Sonic Colors.

(\\// Eggman's Lair \\//)

Eggman was walking down the hall to his main room in his lair. Orbot, Cubot, and a reprogrammed Metal Sonic were standing in salute when Eggman walked over to them. He put a tally mark on his whiteboard of who was standing in front of him.

"1...2...3." Eggman said, as he sighs.

"Uh... Doctor are you okay?" Orbot asked.

"Is there something troubling you boss?" Cubot asked.

Eggman sighed with stressed.

"Over the years, Sonic always beats me! So this is what I need to do to beat him." Eggman said, as he erased the whiteboard and wrote something else.

Eggman then pointed to what the whiteboard said. "We need more minions."

"We need new recruits." Eggman said.

The 3 robots nodded as they went out for new recruits.

A few minutes later Cubot came back with a Motobug.

Eggman sighs sarcastically as he wrote 'decent' on the board with what still was written.

"We need more 'decent' recruits." Eggman said, as he pointed to what the whiteboard said again.

"Oh, okay." Cubot said, as he understood what Eggman meant and went back out.

(\\// Station Square \\//)

Orbot was looking around for anyone willing to join Eggman's side. He also was holding a sign saying, 'Join Eggman' on it.

In an alley a green hedgehog in a black jacket and a fox in a fighter uniform were watching from in the shadows when they spotted Orbot.

"Uh, Scourge?" Fiona said, to her boyfriend.

"Yeah?" Scourge replied.

"Isn't that Orbot?" Fiona said, pointing to him.

"Oh yeah, that is. What's he doing out here?" Scourge said.

"I don't know. Let's go see." Fiona said, as she and Scourge leave the alley, to see what Orbot is doing.

Scourge and Fiona went up to Orbot to see what he's doing.

"Uh, can I help you?" Orbot asked.

"Yeah, what are you doing?" Scourge replied.

"The Doctor needs new recruits." Orbot said.

"Oh, okay. Well we can help." Fiona said.

"Okay then. Follow me back to the Doctor's lair." Orbot said, as he led Scourge and Fiona to Eggman's lair.

(\\// Scrap Brain Zone \\//)

Metal Sonic checked back at Eggman's very first lair back on South Island, to see if he could find any recruits. He then spotted Rouge and Shadow as they were investigating Eggman's old lair.

"Anything yet?" Rouge asked.

"Nothing interesting." Shadow replied.

Shadow and Rouge were investigating Eggman's old lair for any old stuff to G.U.N.'s information on him.

"Rouge, do you copy?" Abraham said, from Rouge's communicator.

"Read you loud and clear." Rouge replied.

"Have you found anything yet?" Abraham asked.

"Nothing yet. But we're in the Doctor's old lair now." Shadow replied.