Chapter 2: The Mystic Caves

(Narration: Queen Aleena)

My children have spent years trying to find me. But Robotnik has prevailed victorious. My son's girlfriend was able to escape and try and help them find the Chaos Emeralds once again as they were scattered.

(/\ End of narration /\)

The Sonic Underground Van came to a stop as they were finally at the Mystic Caves.

"We're here." Sonic said, as he parked the van.

"Good. Let's find that emerald." Sonia said, opening the door and leaving the van.

Manic and Sonic followed suit and went following her. Amy stayed behind to avoid being captured again.

(In the Mystic Caves...)

Sonic knew his way around the caves since his second time facing Eggman but with his buddy Tails. At another entrance Orbot and Cubot came down with the red Chaos Emerald in the red robot's hand. Sonic and his siblings came down the caves when they ran in to the two robots as they ran.

"Those robots have the emerald!" Manic said.

"After them!" Sonia said, as Sonic and Manic nodded and followed after them.

As for Orbot and Cubot they ran across a bridge and unhooked it causing it to fall. They then continued to run as the hedgehogs were trapped.

"Oh great." Sonia, said as she sighed frustrated.

"Maybe I can jump across." Sonic said.

He then took Manic and Sonia's hands as he jumped with his siblings behind him as he used his homing attack to jump further but didn't make it as they fell. The drop wasn't long as there was another cave area.

"Well at least we tried." Manic said.

"We can at least look to see if anything down here is useful." Sonic said, getting up.

Sonia and Manic got up as they looked around to see if anything down in the cave was useful but then they ran into 3 old robots from years ago. Sonic homing attacked them freeing the critters from the robots. They then saw an old chest. Sonic went up to it and opened it seeing what was inside.

"I was wondering where this went." Sonic said, taking out what was in the chest.

"What is it?" Sonia asked.

"My old hammer!" Sonic replied, showing his siblings his hammer.

'I don't own any art. This is what Sonic's hammer looks like from Sonic Advance 3.'

"Hey, where does that little area go?" Manic asked, pointing behind Sonic.

"I don't know. I'll check." Sonic replied, going into the open cave.

Sonic went in and there was just an empty cave. Nothing useful. A digging mole came out from the ground as Sonic panicked.