Chapter 5: Little Planet

It was night time as the Full Moon was only 1 day away. The Station Square train arrived near Never Lake as the doors to the train opened as Sonic, Amy, Manic, and Sonia got off.

"Thanks for the ride." Sonic said, as the doors to the train closed and left.

Little Planet was chained to the mountain, once again from years ago.

"Here we are." Sonic said. "Never Lake. The location of Little Planet."

"This was also where me and Sonic first met." Amy said, as she kissed Sonic's cheek as he blushed.

"I've heard about it." Sonia said. "It said to appear one month out of the year."

"Well it would be if it wasn't chained up to a mountain." Sonic said, pointing to the chain connected to Little Planet and the mountain.

"Why would Metal Sonic do that?" Manic said.

"Beats me. But at least we can get up there." Sonic said, as he took Manic and Sonia's hands.

Amy held Sonia's open hand as Sonic dashed towards the chain on the mountain and dashed up to Little Planet as fast as he could.

(Up on Little Planet...)

Sonic skidded to a stop at Stardust Speedway on the planet where he and his metal counterpart's first fight occurred. Amy, Sonic, and his siblings saw Sleet and Dingo with Metal Sonic. Sonia and Manic moved to another area with avoiding their cover blown and to hear what they're talking about more clearly. Amy and Sonic moved to a different spot as well to hear clearly as well.

"What are Sleet and Dingo doing here?" Amy said, worried. "I thought they were knocked out."

"Beats me. Let's find out what they're talking about." Sonic said, listening close but careful.

"Sleet, Dingo, what are you doing here?" Metal Sonic said.

"Doctor Robotnik wanted us to come here, to protect your emerald." Sleet said.

"It was an order." Dingo said.

"Fine! Come on." Metal Sonic said, as he went to go hide the emerald with Sleet and Dingo following him.

"Oh no. This could be a problem." Amy said worried.

"Don't worry Amy. As long as we have our emerald radar we'll be able to track them." Sonic said, as he put his blue Chaos Emerald in the radar.

He then noticed Amy wasn't next to him as he was grabbed by Swat-Bots.

"Which unfortunately you won't be able to use." Sleet said, as he appeared.

"How is this possible!?" Sonic said, frustrated. "No one's fast enough to sneak up on me like that."

"That was holograms." Sleet explained, as he took the Chaos Emeralds from Sonic. "And we'll be taking these back."

"Hey, Sleet. I caught the other two." Dingo said, as he and two other Swat-Bots appeared with Sonia and Manic captured.

"Great work, Dingo." Sleet said.

"You'll pay for this!" Sonia said pissed.

"When Robotnik takes over, you're gonna be my bride Sonia." Dingo said.

"Knock it off!" Sonia and Sleet said, in unison.

Sleet contacted Eggman with his communicator as he picked up.

"Doctor Robotnik, we captured the hedgehogs and the Chaos Emeralds are in our possession." Sleet said, talking to Eggman on his communicator.

"Excellent work, Sleet." Eggman said. "I knew I could count on you. Get both, the emeralds and the hedgehogs back up here on the Death Egg as soon as possible. I'm gonna enjoy roboticizing those hedgehogs after so many years!"